Looking for a new car and do not have enough finances? You can always look for a car loan but before that, it is important to know about different loan quotes. Here are some important steps to take while getting a car loan quote from a potential lender: Start with credit score: when you know your credit score, you know how the lender has calculated the factors. Without getting your credit score, there are chances of being blindsided into taking a lesser deal that will cast a heavy burden on the payee. When going in without having a detailed report on your credit history, there may be some discrepancies that you have over looked as a result of which you may not get the loan. So when you start out, if there are any essential red flags on the credit report, then take the time to resolve it and then
You know how picky cats are about everything if you own one. It is important to choose the right litter box for your cat so you don’t have to worry about the mess. Your cat’s bathroom habits are not only influenced by the type of cat litter box but also the shape, size, and location of the cat litter box. Here are some of the best cat litter boxes that are worth every penny.
- The CatGenie Self-Washing and Flushing litter box
This cat litter box is your savior as with this, you will never have to touch or change litter again. However, it is more expensive compared to other cat litter boxes. This cat litter box is hands-free, easy to dispose of and clean the litter. You simply have to connect the cat litter box to a cold-water line in your bathroom or laundry room.
- ecoFLEX Litter Loo
A cat litter box that your guests will never even realize that it’s one is the ecoFLEX Litter Loo. The enclosure is easy to clean and helps keep the litter hidden in the box. Also, you can use the litter box as an additional storage surface for your laundry room or bathroom.
- Nature’s Miracle Disposable Litter Boxes
A hassle-free way to keep the cat litter boxes clean and fresh is to use the Nature’s Miracle Disposable Litter Boxes. These litter boxes can be used both as a cat litter box or even a cat litter box liner. These are mainly available in three sizes, small, regular, and jumbo. The best part is that these boxes are completely disposable, which makes them ideal for everyday use as well as traveling.
- ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box
If you need an automated litter box that is not very expensive, then ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box is one of the best choices. This is a self-cleaning cat litter box that will scoop the waste every day instead of you doing all the work. However, you only have to remove and replace the disposable tray after a few weeks.
- Modkat Litter Box Kit
Modkat Litter Box Kit is one of the most stylish and sleek cat litter boxes. The modern designs of this cat litter box are available in five different colors. The dimensions of the cat litter box are only about 16″ x 16″ x 15″, and hence, it barely occupies any floor space.
Cosmetics have become an integral part of everyone’s life. Cosmetics not only enhance one’s beauty but also make them feel confident about their appearance. There is a wide range of cosmetics to choose from, each claiming that it’s better than the other. Once you like a cosmetic brand and it blends easily with your skin without causing allergies, you know you that you have found a reliable cosmetic brand to stick to. Buying the right cosmetics is an easy task, but taking care of these cosmetics is difficult. Here are some tips to take care of your cosmetics and ensure that they last longer.
- Every cosmetic item that you will ever purchase will have instructions pertaining to its usage and storage. People mostly disregard these instructions, and the repercussions of this are that the cosmetics don’t last until its destinated date. So, ensure that you store your cosmetics in a cool, dry environment and not where they are exposed to warm, damp air.
- Irrespective of how much you love your sibling or your best friend, do not share your cosmetics with them unless it is a body lotion or perfume. Sharing of eyeliners, mascara, Kohl, or lipsticks, can be harmful to your skin and eyes. If you share your eyeliner or mascara, you will be trading bacteria back and forth, and if it results in itchy eyes, your cosmetics are not to be blamed. So, keep your cosmetics to yourself.
- If the foundation is a part of your dressing table ritual, pour it out on a palette and apply it with the brush. Sticking a brush into the bottle can contaminate it, and your foundation won’t last long. Remember, if your foundation isn’t right, the entire makeup will go wrong.
- Lipsticks are the quintessential gamechanger; if you feel that your face looks dull, you apply a lipstick and you are a completely different person. However, your lipsticks are such cosmetics that need extra care. If it’s hot outside, you need to keep it in the fridge. If it has lost its creamy texture, it’s time to toss it in the dustbin.
- If your cosmetics smell weird or are past their expiry date, throw them away since expired cosmetics have high levels of bacterial contamination. However, cosmetics can go bad before the expiry date due to improper storage or improper use.
Cosmetics as beauty enhancers have been used for a long time. Although there are various brands across multiple price ranges, there are a few brands of cosmetics that add a touch of luxury. These luxury brands of cosmetics are valued by consumers all across the globe. With a high price tag, glamorous packaging, and ultra-stylish advertisements, these brands have worked at keeping their range of products exclusive. Here are five popular luxury brands of cosmetics loved by customers globally.
- Clinique: Founded in 1968, Clinique was marketed as the first line of cosmetics that are tested for allergies and created by dermatologists. Clinique’s products are fragrance-free and are made to enhance the natural beauty of the user. Clinique offers one of the best cosmetics for sensitive skin. One of its most popular products is the Clinique 3-Step System that includes a liquid facial soap, clarifying lotion, and moisturizing gel.
- bareMinerals: From Bare Escentuals, bareMinerals is one of the most popular minerals cosmetics brand. The range of cosmetics from this brand is perfect for those looking for natural cosmetic products. The products are available at specialty cosmetics stores, department stores, and boutiques of Bare Escentuals. The range of bareMinerals cosmetics includes lip colors, eyeshadow, blush, and foundation.
- Sephora: Owned by luxury brand LVHM, Sephora was founded in 1969 in France. The range of products from this brand includes skincare, makeup, haircare, nail color, and fragrance. The brand also creates beauty accessories and tools. These products are in Sephora stores across various locations.
- MAC Cosmetics: Founded in 1984, MAC Cosmetics created products only for make-up artists. However, now this brand creates products for everyone. It has become one of the most valuable brands in the cosmetics market. They have a line of products that are easy to use and ensure a complete makeover.
- Estée Lauder: One of the most popular brands of luxury cosmetics, Estée Lauder creates what is known as prestige makeup products. Other products include hair care, skin care, and fragrances. This brand has been known to design some of the unique products. For instance, in 2017, they came up with a skincare collection called Re-Nutriv that contains extracts of black diamond truffle.
Ultraviolet water filtration is the process that offers one of the most cost-effective ways to purify water, thereby protecting drinking water against biological contaminants. Ultraviolet or UV protect against water-borne viruses, bacteria, molds, and other pathogenic diseases. Viruses such as hepatitis virus that is known to be highly resistant to chlorine treatment can be relatively eliminated through UV treatment.
Let us have a look at how UV water filtration works
- Invisible Ultraviolet light is emitted from a UV light source that has an output of roughly 254 nanometers, producing radiation that has a significantly greater density than the radiation in the sunlight.
- The flow chamber contains the light source through which water passes. This exposes the water to the UV light. The light source used in such water filtration system is usually a mercury vapor lamp, also called as the germicidal lamp.
- An electric arc present in the filtration system vaporizes the mercury present in the lamp. The mercury present inside the lamp vaporizes, thus producing UV rays of short wavelength.
- These lamps are made out of special quartz glass that permits short UV rays of around 2530 A (Armstrong unit). The wavelength of such short magnitude is achieved due to the low pressure inside the lamp.
- Before purifying the water through UV filtration system, the water is passed through a separate filter to remove any turbidity present in the water. This is because clear water allows better penetration of UV light. Most water filtration systems use a filter of 5-micron before passing it through the mercury vapor lamp.
Pros and cons of using UV water filtration systems
- The primary advantage of using a UV filtration system is that it is cost-effective and kills a majority of harmful microbes that cause water-borne illnesses.
- These water filtration system starts at just about $250 if you intend to use it as a localized filtration system. Whole house water filtration system costs around $1500.
- UV water filtration system doesn’t consume much electricity and requires as low as 100 watts of power to function.
- Easy to install and maintain, these water purifiers do not damage the septic tanks or plumbing of the household.
- Even if these water purifiers consume less power, they still require some amount of electricity. Hence these water purifiers cannot work in the event of power outage.
- UV rays cannot be seen by the naked eye because of their short wavelength, hence it is hard to determine if the UV apparatus in the purifier is still working. Thus, it becomes necessary to change the filters twice every year.
Installing a water filtration system at home provides you an easy way to get purified water, without getting into the hassle of buying bottled water. The question arises, which water filtration is the best for your home or office space? Following steps will help you to find the best water filtration system that suits your needs.
Contents of the supplied water
Before choosing the best water filtration system, you need to know what contaminants are present in the water that is being supplied at your home or office. You can do this by getting a copy of water quality report from your provider. This will help you narrow down your choice of water filtration system.
Common methods of water filtration
You can pick from most basic to the most advanced water filters. Following are some categories of water filters:
The most basic form of water filtration system, pitchers use gravity to move water through the filter. This type of water filters requires no setup, allowing you to refill the pitcher as you drink and use the water.
This type of water filter system is installed under the sink and has a smaller faucet for supplying purified water. These filters treat water at the point of consumption.
This category for water filtration system treats water from the point of entry in the home or office spaces. The filtered and treated water flows throughout the entire premise instead of a single sink or faucet.
The technology used in water filtration system
The most common methods include:
- Reverse osmosis
This type of water filtration system reverses the natural flow of water by passing the water through a semipermeable membrane. The drawback of this filtration system is it wastes water.
- Carbon filter
This technology uses activated carbon and is usually found in pour-through types such as water pitchers. Some brands also use this technology for under sink water systems.
This process heats the water to the boiling point and collects the steam to condense it, leaving the contaminants behind.
Costs and customer reviews
The prices between the type of water filters vary greatly as they are based on the brand and type of technology used in the water filtration system. Choose the one that suits your budget and purpose. Read the customer reviews of several water filter systems available on the internet as they will help you narrow down your choices further.
Buying a house is always an overwhelming and stressful experience, but if it is your first time buying your own house, then it is a whole new ball game.
First things first, you need to relax and accept that you will make quite a few mistakes that will put you in a fix, but it is okay. With some research and practice, you will eventually become a pro.
In this article, you will learn about the 3 mistakes that you should avoid making at all cost as a first time home buyer.
- Not understanding the full cost
If you are a first time home buyer, there is a high chance that you are in the delusion that mortgage payment is the only cost that you need to save up for. What you fail to understand is that mortgage payment is just the primary cost that you need to pay. There are many other expenses that you need to consider, like the property tax, insurance, maintenance, water bills, and electricity bills. Note that you should never spend your entire budget on the house because you should save some money for emergencies and unexpected expenses that you will incur after you seal the deal.
- Settling for the first lender that you stumble upon
Buying a house is very similar to shopping. You will regret a lot if you settle for the first thing you see, without looking around, haggling, and getting the best rates. This means that you should never settle for the first lender that your friend or the real estate recommends. The best thing to do is at least narrow down three lenders, compare the mortgage rate quotes, and then choose the best one.
- House hunting before getting a loan
Most first time home buyers think that house hunting is the first obvious step to buying a new house. The truth is that once you decide that you want to buy a new house, your first step should be to sort the finances. The worst thing you could possibly do is find your dream house and then fail to get a loan approval. Pre-qualified loans are the best as they help you be clear on your budget, find a house that falls within that budget, and it speeds up the overall process of buying a house.
Just don’t rush into it and do your homework well before you sign the final house papers.
Buying your first house is undoubtedly a bittersweet thing. Though you are on cloud nine to finally own a place you can call your own, the unfamiliar lingo of the real estate world and the multiple visits to the bank for mortgage approval is nevertheless daunting and unpleasant.
Read along if you are a first time home buyer yourself and could use some handy tips that will make your house buying experience a little less nerve-wracking.
- Scrutinize your credit
Your credit score is one of the most important factors that will decide whether your mortgage loan will get approved or get scrapped. If you are planning to buy a house in the near future, the first thing you should do is to check your credit. If your credit does not look that great, then work on improving the score. Avoid trying to start a new credit activity, as that might tamper the speed of your mortgage loan approval.
- Plan your budget well
First time home buyers should note that saving up for a new house is not just about saving up for mortgage payments. It means that you need to be well prepared to pay side – along bills like the property tax, insurance money, water bills, and the electricity bill. After managing to save up for all these bills, you should also have some money left that you can use in case of unforeseen expenses.
- Start with pre-approval of loan
First time home buyers often do the mistake of first jumping into house hunting before sorting their finances. Note that the best way to go about with buying a house is to first get a pre-approved loan and then search for houses that fit your price range. In this way, once you find your dream house, you can quickly go ahead with the final paperwork and buy it without waiting for the loan to get approved.
- Seek professional help
If you are feeling overwhelmed and are not able to decide how to go about with the whole home shopping experience, then you can seek help from the federal programs, which are specially organized for first time home buyers. In these assistance programs, you get to learn about the perks for first time home buyers like low down payment loans, tax credits, and interest-free loans up to a certain amount.
Buying a house is a big financial commitment, don’t let anything stop you from taking your own sweet time to finalize the deal.
A chronic, mental condition that affects children, ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder) impacts one’s self-control, concentration, and social skills. These symptoms can grow through one’s teenage years and adulthood. As compared to adults, this condition is easier to diagnose in children. Primarily, because adults might have subtle or specific symptoms which often might be misunderstood as inefficiency, insincerity, tardiness or anger issues. The ADHD symptoms in children are categorized into three categories, i.e. inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
Symptoms of ADHD
Children with ADHD are often poor listeners, easily distracted, don’t follow instructions, face problems with organization, punctuality, and simple tasks. Moreover, they can also tend to daydream, lose things and can be forgetful.
Hyperactivity is a group of ADHD symptoms which comprises trouble staying in one place quietly, talking excessively or continuous movement.
A child with impulsivity symptoms typically faces difficulty waiting for his or her turn, because of which they might interrupt others by blurting out answers in social settings.
Causes of ADHD
The experts aren’t sure what exactly triggers the ADHD symptoms, however, the following possibilities might be responsible for it:
- Genetic factors
ADHD might be a hereditary disorder in some families.
- Challenges during pregnancy
Any complications like health problems, lack of essential nutrition, drinking, smoking or substance abuse by the mother can impact the development of baby’s brain, leading to the onset of ADHD.
- Exposure to toxins
If a child is exposed to harmful chemicals like lead, then it might affect their brain’s functions.
- Brain disorder or injury
Damage to the frontal lobe of the brain due to any disease or injury can make way for issues which can cause emotional outbreaks or impulsivity.
- Chemical imbalance
A child’s chemical makeup of the brain might be abnormal which can cause ADHD.
Treatment for ADHD
ADHD symptoms can’t be cured, however, they can be treated and managed well with medications and therapy. Doctors might prescribe a combination of antidepressants, stimulants or non-stimulants to control the ADHD symptoms. Likewise, therapy also plays a vital role in managing ADHD. Counseling for both, parents and children, special education, social skills training and behavior modification are some techniques that can be used to cope with ADHD. Moreover, parents and children can be a part of support groups for maintaining their emotional well-being.
A chronic condition, ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder) affects children and typically continues into adulthood. It is characterized by three groups of symptoms known as hyperactivity, lack of focus, and impulsivity. Some of the common ADHD symptoms are disorganization, making careless mistakes in simple tasks, difficulty while paying attention, forgetfulness, distraction, restlessness, being excessively talkative, fidgeting or squirming when made to sit in one place and moving around all the time.
Parenting tips for managing ADHD symptoms
ADHD can’t be cured, however, with proper medical treatment its symptoms can be managed very well. Doctors can prescribe drugs like stimulants and antidepressants. However, it is vital that parents personally administer their child’s medications as there might be a risk of abuse and addiction. Moreover, doctors might also recommend parents and children with counseling and behavioral therapy as it will allow them to explore and resolve any communication barriers and negative attitudes.
Apart from professional assistance for ADHD, parents should also implement the following behavioral and supportive methods to motivate the child.
- Create a loving environment for your child
Every child deserves an affectionate and safe environment. However, kids with ADHD symptoms require extra care as they are extremely sensitive. Therefore, refrain only admonishing their negative actions, instead, try frequently appreciating them for their talents and positive actions.
- Embrace simplicity while communicating
Often children with ADHD can get easily upset with quick or multiple commands and heaps of information. Therefore, while directing them, give them your entire attention. Moreover, make it a point to maintain eye contact, and be slow and specific about the instructions.
- Discipline them
Parents must convey the difference between right and wrong, and the consequences for every action. To make this work, observe their behavioral patterns during difficult situations. Make sure that you are persistent about the aspect of reward and punishment so that, they can work on their behavior and social interactions.
- Be calm
If your child gets out of control, then don’t lose your temper as they will most likely react negatively. Instead, allow them to express their emotions. When they notice your calmness, they will too regain their cool.
- Maintain a regular schedule for everything
Right from meals to bedtime, follow a regular timetable. Children with ADHD can have a hard time adjusting to sudden transitions or new schedules, therefore help them realize these changes in a gentle way. Also, ensure your kids get adequate rest and sleep to avoid the aggravation of their ADHD symptoms.
Caregivers often feel overwhelmed when they start out. Whether taking care of an ailing friend or family member, caregiving can be quite strenuous, emotionally as well as physically. If a caregiver is stressed out, it reflects on their interactions with the person they are taking care of. A strained atmosphere really makes it difficult to provide effective care. In order to make caregiving a rewarding experience for both the caregiver and the person being cared for, it is essential to be completely prepared. Here are a few tips for a caregiver to provide the best care to their loved ones.
- Have a conversation with your loved one
Asking for help is not easy. Many people do not want to come off as being completely dependent on another person for their daily tasks. If you want to offer help as a caregiver to a loved one, start with a conversation. Ask them about the level of caregiving they may require. Involve them in the discussions and decisions regarding their caregiving.
- Make a list of priorities
Being organized helps in reducing stress, staying in control of situations, and ensuring that your loved one has the best assistance possible. Make a list of things that need to be done and plan each task in advance. Make schedules and ensure that everyone involved in the caregiving process is aware of each and every detail of everything that needs to be done.
- Form a support network
Being a solo caregiver can be quite exhausting. Even if you end up being the primary caregiver, enlist the help of family and friends. Delegate tasks and ask someone to step in. Take regular breaks from your caregiving schedule and re-energize yourself. Do not hesitate to ask for help whenever needed.
- Look for assistive services
Apart from friends and family, you can also register with various assistive services that can help with caregiving. You can look for a service that offers home care, adult day care, meal deliveries, and laundry services.
Although the above list is not comprehensive, these tips can help caregivers get a head start.