When buying farm tractor tires, take into consideration the use of the tractor and the load it can carry. Choose the tires that will be durable, carry maximum load, provide ride comfort and improve traction. Different tires have different uses – those with bigger tread are used in muddy fields, and those with smaller treads are better for road use. Consult with a farm equipment dealer before making the purchase decision.
Smart tips to help you choose the apt farm tractor tires:
Tractor tire information
The tire wall has all the necessary information about the tire. The size of the tire, the size of the rim, overall diameter, maximum load that tire can handle and type of tire – all this information is printed on the tire’s sidewall.
Type of tire to buy
While choosing between the radial tire and bias tire, note that even though radial tires have the better traction that biases tires, they are priced more. Radial tires provide more torque than the farm equipment, which makes it ideal for field work.
- Ensure to check the size of the tire and the size of the rim.
- Premium tires have more tread life and reduce the need for frequent replacements.
- Do the tread test to see if it’s time to replace your tires. Place a penny in the shallowest groove with Lincoln’s head pointing down, if the top of the head is shown, then it’s time to buy new tires.
- It should be noted that the new tires should always match the size of the original tires on your farm tractor.
- Make your tires last longer with regular maintenance. Also, having the farm tractor tires in optimum condition have a positive impact on the bottom line and productivity.
If you are considering buying used farm tractor tires, as used tires tend to be cheaper than new ones, they might not be the best decision as the tires will be used for many hours a day and if they have cracks or other wear, they will not be able to give optimal output.