The 2017 Toyota Highlander is not only one of the top in the midsize SUV segment; it is available in the regular gas powered version and a hybrid version as well that lets you cut your carbon footprint. The 2017 models are better than the earlier models regarding efficiency and performance. Here’s a bird’s eye view of what this winner is all about:
Features that make it the perfect buy:
- Fuel economy – the renewed transmission and efficient engine gives an enhanced mpg and makes the 2017 Toyota Highlander an Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle II rating.
- The powerful V6 engine feels very strong in real-life conditions and has a towing capacity of up to 5000lbs. When equipped with AWD, this becomes a vehicle apt for the snowy months.
- Roomy cabin – this three-row car can comfortably seat 7 to 8 people and thereby convenient for those with large families.
- The SUV also has the availability of a hybrid version for the environmentally conscious customers.
- Exceptional safety features include features like ABS and Brake Assist that lets the driver drive confidently.
- The quality of the interiors makes this one versatile SUV. With multiple USB ports and an 8-inch touch screen, provide nonstop entertainment on the go.
What could have been better:
- More cargo room would be a plus, especially on family road trips. The third row has to be split in a 60/40 manner to accommodate more cargo.
- The price of the hybrid version is almost as much as that of a luxury SUV.
- The performance on the highway is better compared to its competitors, whereas acceleration is little sluggish at lower speeds.
- Seating in the third row is cramped for tall people.
- The hybrid version fetched less than the projected mpg in real-world use.
- If off-roading or driving on rugged terrains is part of your driving experience, then this might not be the perfect fit. So, take a closer look at the features of this SUV and do not forget to go for a test drive.
With a range of safety features across all variants, better fuel economy than most of its counterparts and comfortable interiors, the Highlander 2017 stands apart from the rest.