Creating a flawless eyeshadow look is something most women desire. The perfect eyeshadow not only enhances the look of your face but highlights your beautiful eyes. While you may have a lot of eyeshadow palettes lining your dressing area, attempting its application may leave you discouraged. From where to begin and which color is right, it can all lead to frustration. However, there are few points that are broken into simple tips to follow. Add these tips to your eyeshadow application techniques and you will be a pro in no time.
- Get the perfect brushes
If you have been using a small-sized sponge for your eyeshadow techniques, then it is time to invest in some good quality eyeshadow brushes. For the right blending, it is essential to have a good set of brushes as it will enhance your eye makeup to the next level. Different brushes have different functions. Add variants such as a flat stiff brush, pencil brush, stiff dome brush and fluffy dome brush to your collection. Having the right tools will automatically help you in executing the eyeshadow techniques.
- Primer first!
No matter which eyeshadow technique you employ, it will fall short if you do not apply a primer. The primer can battle several problems of smearing, creased lids and will help the eyeshadow color look better overall. However, if you do not have a primer, a concealer too will work as well and support your eyeshadow techniques wonderfully.
- Up your game with white eyeshadow
While this may come across as absurd, a white eyeshadow can truly enhance your eyeshadow look. Adding a white eyeshadow is a great technique as it will enable the eye colors to stand out and pop. You may find it difficult to get your hands on a white eyeshadow color in your palette and thus, you can also use a white eye pencil. Begin by applying the pencil all over your lid and then put on some eyeshadow to get the most attractive vibrant look.
Incorporating the above tips can aid in adding to your eyeshadow application techniques. The eyeshadow palette can intimidate you, but you can begin by picking just one shade for the pop of color. Keep going and it won’t be too long before you are perfect at the eyeshadow techniques and makeup game.
Eyeshadow can be one of the most fun parts of your eye makeup. More so when you know the right techniques to apply the eyeshadow. It is important to get the techniques right as eyeshadows can actually enhance the look of your eyes.
If you are not a pro at applying eyeshadows, you can start with getting the basics right by following some basics steps.
The first step in getting the eyeshadow application right is by understanding the placement of different shades of the eyeshadow. Start by dividing your eyelid into three parts. Each part will have a different shade of the eyeshadow. The inner corner of the eyelid should get the lightest shade. This will brighten up your eyes. The middle section of your eyelids should get the medium shade and the outer section/corner of your eyelid should get the darkest eyeshadow shade.
While you are applying the eyeshadows, apply the lightest shade first, medium shade second, and darkest shade last. Once you have applied all the shades to the lid, blend them all well. Blending them well is important as otherwise, the eyeshadow will give your eyes an abrupt look.
This is one of the most basic and easiest eyeshadow techniques that can transform the look of your eyes. Which shade gets more intensity ideally depends on your preference. However, you can make the medium shade to cover the most of your eyelid.
If you are not sure which shade to use in a majority on your eyelid, you can refer to eyeshadow makeup tutorials on the Internet to get a preference. You can try a different look using this eyeshadow technique to discover the look you like the best.
When you blend the eyeshadow colors, make sure you use a clear brush with no previous residue of any other eyeshadow. It is important to have a clear brush as it will not give out the wrong shade. You can finish your eye makeup look by adding a stroke of eyeliner. Again, the intensity of the eyeliner should be as per your preference. If you are not sure about the liner, start by applying a thin layer and gradually make it think as per the look you desire.
Cosmetics have become an integral part of everyone’s life. Cosmetics not only enhance one’s beauty but also make them feel confident about their appearance. There is a wide range of cosmetics to choose from, each claiming that it’s better than the other. Once you like a cosmetic brand and it blends easily with your skin without causing allergies, you know you that you have found a reliable cosmetic brand to stick to. Buying the right cosmetics is an easy task, but taking care of these cosmetics is difficult. Here are some tips to take care of your cosmetics and ensure that they last longer.
- Every cosmetic item that you will ever purchase will have instructions pertaining to its usage and storage. People mostly disregard these instructions, and the repercussions of this are that the cosmetics don’t last until its destinated date. So, ensure that you store your cosmetics in a cool, dry environment and not where they are exposed to warm, damp air.
- Irrespective of how much you love your sibling or your best friend, do not share your cosmetics with them unless it is a body lotion or perfume. Sharing of eyeliners, mascara, Kohl, or lipsticks, can be harmful to your skin and eyes. If you share your eyeliner or mascara, you will be trading bacteria back and forth, and if it results in itchy eyes, your cosmetics are not to be blamed. So, keep your cosmetics to yourself.
- If the foundation is a part of your dressing table ritual, pour it out on a palette and apply it with the brush. Sticking a brush into the bottle can contaminate it, and your foundation won’t last long. Remember, if your foundation isn’t right, the entire makeup will go wrong.
- Lipsticks are the quintessential gamechanger; if you feel that your face looks dull, you apply a lipstick and you are a completely different person. However, your lipsticks are such cosmetics that need extra care. If it’s hot outside, you need to keep it in the fridge. If it has lost its creamy texture, it’s time to toss it in the dustbin.
- If your cosmetics smell weird or are past their expiry date, throw them away since expired cosmetics have high levels of bacterial contamination. However, cosmetics can go bad before the expiry date due to improper storage or improper use.
Cosmetics as beauty enhancers have been used for a long time. Although there are various brands across multiple price ranges, there are a few brands of cosmetics that add a touch of luxury. These luxury brands of cosmetics are valued by consumers all across the globe. With a high price tag, glamorous packaging, and ultra-stylish advertisements, these brands have worked at keeping their range of products exclusive. Here are five popular luxury brands of cosmetics loved by customers globally.
- Clinique: Founded in 1968, Clinique was marketed as the first line of cosmetics that are tested for allergies and created by dermatologists. Clinique’s products are fragrance-free and are made to enhance the natural beauty of the user. Clinique offers one of the best cosmetics for sensitive skin. One of its most popular products is the Clinique 3-Step System that includes a liquid facial soap, clarifying lotion, and moisturizing gel.
- bareMinerals: From Bare Escentuals, bareMinerals is one of the most popular minerals cosmetics brand. The range of cosmetics from this brand is perfect for those looking for natural cosmetic products. The products are available at specialty cosmetics stores, department stores, and boutiques of Bare Escentuals. The range of bareMinerals cosmetics includes lip colors, eyeshadow, blush, and foundation.
- Sephora: Owned by luxury brand LVHM, Sephora was founded in 1969 in France. The range of products from this brand includes skincare, makeup, haircare, nail color, and fragrance. The brand also creates beauty accessories and tools. These products are in Sephora stores across various locations.
- MAC Cosmetics: Founded in 1984, MAC Cosmetics created products only for make-up artists. However, now this brand creates products for everyone. It has become one of the most valuable brands in the cosmetics market. They have a line of products that are easy to use and ensure a complete makeover.
- Estée Lauder: One of the most popular brands of luxury cosmetics, Estée Lauder creates what is known as prestige makeup products. Other products include hair care, skin care, and fragrances. This brand has been known to design some of the unique products. For instance, in 2017, they came up with a skincare collection called Re-Nutriv that contains extracts of black diamond truffle.