Ever wondered why gym enthusiasts keep obsessing over protein shakes so much?
The thing about proteins is that the ones that you get from your daily staple food take time to break down and reach the muscles. While this can be a slow process, there is an alternative for this and you know it as the protein shake. With protein shakes, you can immediately provide your body with the protein that helps in building and toning your muscles.
For those who are thinking to start drinking protein shakes after reading this, note that there are some things that you need to keep in mind while you consume protein shakes.
Here are some things that you should know –
- The most important thing to keep in mind is that simply drinking protein shakes will be of no good if you do not train regularly and eat right.
- The next thing to keep in mind is that there is a correct time to drink a protein shake if you want the best output.
- One of the best times to gulp down protein shakes is after an intense workout. This will help in doing damage control through muscle recovery of the muscles that went through intense training.
- Drinking protein shakes 30 minutes before your gym session also helps, as it lowers the muscle damage that is bound to happen when you sweat it out in the gym.
- Many people drink protein shakes first thing in the morning along with their breakfast as the shake serves as the perfect source of nutrients after a good nights’ sleep.
If drinking a plainly flavored protein shake is not your thing then you can always spice it up a bit. You can try adding frozen bananas, almond milk, berries, Greek yogurt or hemp seeds to make the drink more interesting. The best thing is that by doing so, you are increasing the nutritional value of the shake and making it richer and better.
Do you already consume protein shakes? If yes, then you are one of those fitness conscious people who know what they want and let nothing stop them from getting it. Just don’t overdo it and ask your nutritionist if you are not aware of how much protein your body ideally needs.