The Chevy Equinox is a versatile and sophisticated SUV that fits into just about any lifestyle. It is a unique combination of style, versatility, and available active safety technologies. It is also highly fuel-efficient.
The redesigned all-new Equinox catches your eye with its chrome accented dual port grille, halogen projected-beam headlamps, rectangular shaped dual exhaust and 18-inch custom-styled aluminum wheels that are a standard on a premium.
The Equinox folds, flexes and fits. You will find that you have all the room you need in the Chevy Equinox as it is equipped with a sliding rear seat that slides back to give you, even more, leg room. The seat can also be folded back creating more cargo space because of which loading and unloading cargo are a lot easier.
This crossover SUV offers a broad range of safety technologies that help to prevent and protect you from any dangerous situations that you might face on the road. The security technologies that the Equinox uses to avoid are as follows:
- Available forward collision alert
- Available rear cross traffic alert
- Rear vision camera
- Rear park assist
- Side blind zone alert
- Lane departure warning
The technologies used by this SUV to protect you are:
- Six standard air bags
- High-strength steel safety cage
The all-new Chevy also comes loaded with the Onstar Automatic Crash Response System. It also comes with two engine options that help you lug all the weight that you want to transport. The Equinox comes with state-of-the-art technology to help you keep in touch and on par with the world where technology seems to be the name of the game.
It keeps you connected and entertained every time you drive. With all these benefits that the Equinox offers, you would think that it would be very highly priced. But surprisingly, that is not the case as the Chevy Equinox is priced lower than its competitors with the base model starting at just $ 23,995 making it well worth the money.
The first practical pneumatic tires were made by John Boyd Dunlop in Ireland. The progress of tires to its current state is hinged on various engineering advances especially the vulcanization of rubber by Charles Goodyear in the US.
In 2015, about 170 million tires were manufactured. The Goodyear tire company remains in the top three tire manufacturing companies in the world. Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company manufactures tires for SUV’s, cars, airplanes, automobiles, farm equipment, motorcycles, and race cars. One should always compare tires of different brands before picking one for their car. But before you go into selecting Goodyear Tires, why not look at some of the interesting facts about the company!
Here are some of the interesting facts about top tire manufacturing company:
- One of the most recognized and famous advertising icons in the country today, Goodyear Blimp. The first blimp flew in 1925
- Goodyear tires are one of the most successful tire suppliers in the Formula One history
- Currently, Goodyear is the sole supplier for the NASCAR series.
- When the first factory opened in 1888, along with manufacturing bicycle tires, rubber horse pads and poker chips were also manufactured.
- Goodyear tires are the pioneers for ‘tundra tires’ – a low inflation pressure air wheel for smaller aircrafts.
- In July 2008 Goodyear was recognized as one of Americas most trusted companies by Forbes magazine.
- The company also manufactures and sells other rubber products like hoses and belts, and synthetic rubber chemicals for the transportation industry.
- Goodyear tires operates 30 plants in the US and 60 plants across 27 countries.
- During World War 1, Goodyear tires made 1000 balloons and 60 airships. It also provided many tires used on aircrafts.
- In 1928 the Goodyear air dock was the world’s largest building without internal supports; it was erected to build two huge dirigibles for the US Navy.
For having the most enjoyable and safe driving experience, it is imperative to have the best quality tires. Knowing some tire vocabulary and specifications makes your tire search easier. Here are some tools for you to make an informed decision before buying the best tires aka Goodyear tires for your vehicle:
- Best time for buying new tires – Before deciding to purchase new tires, test the tread in different locations for signs of wear and tear. Tip: owing to different wheel alignment and inflation, tires do not have uniform wear; so check for tread in several locations. Still not convinced take your car to a showroom and ask for an inspection.
- Choosing the right tire involves knowing the right tire size. Goodyear tire experts can help you with the same. Before heading in, be aware that your tire details are printed in the driver’s side door jamb of your car. There are many tools available online that will help you find the right tire; you just have to input the year, make and model of your vehicle.
- Some inside information on your tire- the letters and metrics on your tire’s sidewall represent, ‘P’ for a passenger tire; ‘LT’ means light truck. The width of the tire is measured in mm from sidewall to sidewall. The load index or the load carrying capacity of the tire is also mentioned in the sidewall – for most passenger cars, it ranges from 75-100.
- The features to look for in your new tire are breaking, handling, comfort and noise. Goodyear tires of all models are sold after thread-like tests thus providing the driver with confidence. Depending on the weather and terrain conditions of where you live and the performance expectations you have, choose the tire that will serve you the best.
The good news is, Goodyear tires are available all year round on their website. You can also check for other online shopping websites where you can get the best deals on Goodyear tires.
The Jeep is the ideal SUV for many Americans, and the thrill of owning a Jeep can go beyond the road. It is one of the most loved vehicles and vehicle owners express their love by taking it out for a spin and kicking up some dust! Chief among the reasons why Jeep is widely loved by many is it’s off roading capabilities. It handles all terrains like road, hills, rocks, and mud like the real champion that it is.
If you’re considering buying your first ever Jeep, it’s easy to find used Jeeps for sale.
Used Jeeps for sale: Investing in a pre-owned Jeep ensures you have a reliable ride for many years. Not only is the Jeep engineered for multiple terrains, but it is also designed to carry you for many thousands of miles. All over the country, dealers are selling many Jeep brand vehicles. From the Wrangler and Cherokee, various models are available. Finding Jeeps for sale online is a convenient way to do some research before making the purchase. carsforsale.com, autotrader.com, carmax.com, truecar.com are some of the online portals hosting a variety of Jeep models in the competitive price range.
Top 5 used Jeeps worth checking out:
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler X. This model comes with a 4.0liter and V6 powerful engine and rounded headlights. It is one of the models that can be available for under 10,000$.
- 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee. This model is sturdy and reliable and can travel over even ice, snow and rocky terrains.
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition. This is considered a collector’s edition as it was designed to look like the very first Jeep models created for World War II.
- 1988 Jeep Gladiator. Even though this is an old model, it is considered a collector’s item as this is a piece of Jeep history. This is a unique pickup truck – styling of a Jeep, bed of a truck, four wheel drive and powerful engine.
Buying a well maintained used car is an excellent choice for many. If you are looking to buy a used Jeep, the competitive price might not necessarily be the only deciding factor. Pick a model that is most suited to your need. The durability and the engineering behind every Jeep are well known and makes it a sought after SUV. It is prudent to test drive your preferred model and ensure the car comes certified. To make the buying process easier, pick a dealer who will help with financing too.
If you are considering putting your Jeep for sale, then knowing who the potential buyers are and the process they make undertake would come in handy. Most potential buyers tend to do initial research online before visiting dealerships or contacting independent sellers. When a Jeep is sold, not only a vehicle changes hands, but a piece of history also is.
If you decide to sell your Jeep to a dealer, it might save you lots of grind work and show it off to many buyers and invest a lot of time. If you opt for this hassle free option, after all, choose a reputed dealer who gives you the best possible price for your cherished vehicle.
The service check process that has to be undertaken before selling to the end consumer may include:
- Inspection of all bearings, gears, axles, and opinions for leaks.
- Status of the wheels and brakes to check the damage level, if any. Before passing on your SUV to the dealer, it is prudent to test the wheel cylinders and inner axle seals and fix them if there is any leakage. If required change the motor, transmission and transfer case fluids too.
- The windshield is one of the most prominent features of your SUV, the dealer will check for any damage or cracks. Tires are another outwardly visible part, install new tires if they are worn out.
- Moving on to the interior of your SUV, thoroughly steam cleaning the interiors, replacing severely damaged or torn seats not only improves the look of your car but makes it appealing to.
Looking for an SUV, then you need to take a closer look at the 2017 Toyota Highlander. The 2017 Toyota Highlander SUV is available in 8 variants and nine colors. All the models are equipped with Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P). The look of the Highlander is enhanced by a bold front grille, dark black accent headlights and daytime running lights. Up to 8 people can be comfortably seated along with a ton of cargo. There are more specifications in the 2017 Toyota Highlander that makes a special impression:
The Highlander comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine and a direct shift 8-AT. This advanced engine gives the driver more control, efficiency, and power while driving. The estimated fuel efficiency is 27MPG on the highway. In the gas powered Highlander models, Toyota provides Stop and Start Engine System – when the car is at a stoplight or rest, this technology shuts the engine off. Releasing the pedal brake seamlessly restarts the engine. The models with the All Wheel Drive (AWD) provide superior braking control on adventurous terrains.
the Highlander is made bold and beautiful with the addition of the front grille and redesigned headlights. The multi spoke alloy wheels, and the stylish stripes of the seats give this SUV a sporty look. The LED taillights give advanced visibility in the rear.
5 USB ports allow everyone to enjoy their favorite electronic devices on the go. The roomy interior can seat up to 8 people comfortably making the 2017 Toyota Highlander the true family SUV. The interiors are designed specifically for maximum space utilization – the third row can be split 60/40 to accommodate all cargo and passenger needs. The rear seat entertainment system with two wireless headphones and remote offers seamless entertainment to the passengers.
The Lane Departure Alert (LDA) and Steering Assist keeps the car in its lane by providing corrective steering when the car drifts out of the lane. The automatic high beam is another special feature of this SUV which helps detect oncoming vehicles as far away as 2000 feet and enhances visibility in night time driving.
The 2017 Toyota Highlander is not only one of the top in the midsize SUV segment; it is available in the regular gas powered version and a hybrid version as well that lets you cut your carbon footprint. The 2017 models are better than the earlier models regarding efficiency and performance. Here’s a bird’s eye view of what this winner is all about:
Features that make it the perfect buy:
- Fuel economy – the renewed transmission and efficient engine gives an enhanced mpg and makes the 2017 Toyota Highlander an Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle II rating.
- The powerful V6 engine feels very strong in real-life conditions and has a towing capacity of up to 5000lbs. When equipped with AWD, this becomes a vehicle apt for the snowy months.
- Roomy cabin – this three-row car can comfortably seat 7 to 8 people and thereby convenient for those with large families.
- The SUV also has the availability of a hybrid version for the environmentally conscious customers.
- Exceptional safety features include features like ABS and Brake Assist that lets the driver drive confidently.
- The quality of the interiors makes this one versatile SUV. With multiple USB ports and an 8-inch touch screen, provide nonstop entertainment on the go.
What could have been better:
- More cargo room would be a plus, especially on family road trips. The third row has to be split in a 60/40 manner to accommodate more cargo.
- The price of the hybrid version is almost as much as that of a luxury SUV.
- The performance on the highway is better compared to its competitors, whereas acceleration is little sluggish at lower speeds.
- Seating in the third row is cramped for tall people.
- The hybrid version fetched less than the projected mpg in real-world use.
- If off-roading or driving on rugged terrains is part of your driving experience, then this might not be the perfect fit. So, take a closer look at the features of this SUV and do not forget to go for a test drive.
With a range of safety features across all variants, better fuel economy than most of its counterparts and comfortable interiors, the Highlander 2017 stands apart from the rest.
The consensus is that the 2016 Toyota Highlander is a solid SUV for those looking to buy a family vehicle. Buying the right SUV makes all the difference in your day to day life. The reason why the 2016 Highlander is among the best in its class is, it’s not only because it is powerful and efficient, but the availability of a hybrid model is rare in the mid-size SUV segment. The cargo space, nicely weighted steering, and interior comfort make it the expert’s choice.
Before making the decision
Decide what you’ll use it for most often. Is it going to be hauling your kids to school and soccer practice or will it be used for family road trips?
- Off-road SUV’s (like the Toyota Land Cruiser and Jeep Cherokee) come with power for towing and handling off-road tracks.
- Modern crossover SUV’s (like the 2016 Toyota Highlander) is designed to deliver smooth and comfortable drive.
As good as it may sound; there are some aspects of the 2016 Highlander that can be enhanced. On the off chance of going off-ramp, the Highlander’s performance is drastically reduced. The fuel economy of the four-cylinder engine front wheel drive model is barely better than the V6 engine models. The third-row seating is not as comfortable as its counterparts the Honda Pilot.
There is more good in this vehicle than the features that might need a tweak. The smooth and quiet ride the 2016 Toyota Highlander gives is unparallel in its segment. The multiple safety features that come part of the deal makes this SUV the apt vehicle for hauling your family around. The 2016 models are powered by the 270-horse power 3.5-liter V6 engine and come with a standard tow package. Toyota’s Innovative Torque Control All-Wheel Drive system is available in few select trims. Hybrid variants come with an electronic on-demand all-wheel drive system. The expansive and well-equipped interiors make this SUV an asset for families looking to buy one.
The Highlander earns its reputation for its all-around goodness. The 2016 Toyota Highlander is a complete package of performance, comfort, and style. This third generation Highlander is 2.7 inches long and half an inch wider than its predecessor. The 3.5 liter V6 remains the mainstay engine. The Highlander and its hybrid version have the Honda Pilot and Ford Explorer as its competitors.
What’s new in the 2016 Highlander:
- Pre-collision warning
- Blind-spot warning
- Lane-departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Backup camera is standard
- Leather option is available from the XLE trim level
- The tires have tall sidewalls helping the Highlander to float over bumps
- All V6 engine models have the towing package of up to 5000 pounds (they are fitted with a heavy duty radiator, alternator, and supplemental oil cooler)
- The four-cylinder Highlander LE can tow up to 1500 pounds
Performance and safety features
A six-speed automatic transmission is available in the LE trim. The estimated combined mpg is 22. All other trims come with the 3.5-liter V6 engine. Even though the transmission remains the same, one can find the front-wheel or all-wheel drive mode as well. The front-wheel drive options provide a combined mpg of 21 and the all-wheel drive a combined mpg of 20.
It also outpaces the competition by a few seconds by recording 0-60mph in 7.3 seconds. Some of the standard safety features for Highlander include front seat side airbags, antilock disk brakes, rearview camera, traction and stability control, a driver knee airbag, and front passenger seat airbag.
The Highlander received 5/5 in government crash testing. The Limited trim comes with blind spot monitoring, frontal collision warning and mitigation system, and lane departure warning. Along with this, the Toyota’s safety connects Telematics that includes emergency assistance, stolen vehicle location, and automatic collision notification. It is interesting to know that the hybrid trim gets an excellent fuel economy of 27 mpg.
In a nutshell, the 2016 Toyota Highlander is a reliable SUV which acts its role as a mobile family room to the hilt.
The cost of Medicare supplemental insurance plans for senior citizens depends on what each is looking for whether supplemental health insurance plans for seniors or Medicare supplement plans. Although they are very similar in terminology, they are both very different.
Supplemental health plans designed specifically for the needs of seniors are known as senior supplements. Dental, life insurance, and vision are some of the products included in the supplementary health insurance. These plans are not at all related to Medicare are sold by other private health insurance companies. An individual can purchase them at any time.
Medicare supplemental plans are related to Medicare with each plan letter offering a different benefit that comes along with a different premium amount. Expenses left out by original Medicare coverage is what Medicare supplemental plans take care of. Medigap plans, however, do not include dental, vision or any other supplemental health insurance benefits.
Getting to the cost supplemental health insurance for seniors depends on the health insurance company, the type of plan and benefit level that each opts for. These amounts vary with each person but to get a rough idea seniors can purchase plans between the ranges listed below.
- Dental – $21 to $43
- Vision – $10 to $18
- Fixed Indemnity – $27 to $ 427
The cost of Medigap or Medicare insurance is generally more complicated to find as health insurance companies price Medigap based on three ways. These may either be community-rated where premiums aren’t rated based on age; issue-age rated where the age when you purchase the policy will dictate the monthly premium that you pay; attained-age rated where premiums directly increase with your age. Each Medigap plan’s cost varies with each health insurance company. The cost of these programs may range anywhere between $75 to $425. But before you jump to any conclusions and settle down with a Medicare plan, make sure that you compare benefits offered by other programs as well, as you can only never tell what would be the best for you.