Nursing programs are not that easy. A lot of academic and practical preparation is required on the part of the candidate to make themselves able to work in the healthcare industry. With a heavy course load and clinical rotations, nursing programs can be quite challenging to manage. Determination and focus, combined with the primary objective of providing a valuable service to the community are the things that will get you through the course.
However, many also opt for master’s nursing courses for the following reasons:
Specialization: Master’s nursing courses offer specialization which will enable you to opt for subjects and areas which you want to pursue full time. For example, an MSN degree will provide specialization in mental health care, pediatric care, among others.
Better opportunities: Having a master’s degree in any field for that matter will increase your chances of getting hired and working the job you have always wanted. Here specialization also helps get you better job prospects.
Salary: Masters nursing courses will have added benefits when it comes to pay scale. Even a bachelor’s degree in nursing today has an average mean of $100,000 per year. With a master’s degree, this pay scale will be revised.
To become an educator: With a master’s nursing course, you can always choose to become an educator if you intend to pursue a career in the field of teaching. Nursing educators can make a big difference by motivating and guiding aspiring candidates to take up the profession and provide a valuable service for the community.
Career growth: A master’s nursing course will enable you to grow in your career. With an advanced degree comes advance opportunities which will be beneficial for you in the long run. With a master’s nursing degree, you can slowly transition into a more administrative role, which does not require you to stand or move around for long hours while working as a registered nurse.
Resumes are tools that can help you crack an interview, but a resume alone cannot get you hired. At the same time, a resume that is not updated can cost you a potential job opening in a company. Being on the technical side of the industry, it is important for you to update your resume over the period of time.
A network engineer is an information technology professional, who is responsible for designing, troubleshooting and implementing computer networks. A network engineer mainly concentrates on developing network architecture, network devices and network policies using different network protocols.
Here are some pointers that can help you write a better resume as a network engineer:
- Since the job of a network engineer is related to core technical things, the resume should mainly focus on the technical skills and knowledge you have gained in your learning years (if you are a fresher) and from your previous job experiences (if you are applying for a new position).
- Employers look for technicians who are knowledgeable and skillfully updated. A network engineer must be fluent with computer related skills and networking fundamentals, which should be visible on the resume.
- Clearly mention the training and certification that you have received, with technical skills and attained degrees. This will let your employer know about your potentialities.
- Experienced network engineers should put a summary section that summarizes their work during their past job.
- A resume of a network engineer should also focus on your accomplishments, initiatives and efforts and efficiency in your performance. Concentrate on the most notable technical projects.
- Relevant terms and terminologies for the specific job profile as a network engineer must be clearly distinctive on the resume.
- Experience section is another important factor that employers look in a network engineer resume. Highlight the success you achieved in various project and briefly explain your role. Include the name of the organization in which you have worked earlier and explain how your performance impacted the company in a positive way.
Dual master’s nursing degrees are getting very popular by the day. The opportunity to gain from two different master’s nursing courses at the same time sounds appealing, but here are a few things one should understand about the combination of MSN and MPH nursing programs.
MSN or Master of Science in Nursing is a master’s degree which can be pursued by candidates who have completed their Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) or Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN). MPH or Master of Public Health is a practical degree which will help candidates understand in detail about public and community health concerns.
There is a simple reason why MSN and MPH degrees for master’s nursing courses are combined. The curriculum of both work well together and the biggest advantage of enrolling into a dual degree program is the time taken to complete both degrees. Time plays an important role when it comes to pursuing multiple degrees together. The only factor that might affect the master’s nursing course duration will be whether a person plans to pursue the program on campus or part-time online. Full time on campus course will take less time. The duration of master’s nursing courses will be at least two years, depending on the university.
The main objective of offering dual degree programs is to prepare candidates to focus on public health nursing while enjoying benefits of MSN simultaneously. MPH will give a more practical outlook for public and community health. On the other hand while studying for MSN the focus is on whatever specialization the candidates have taken.
Career opportunities for dual degree master’s nursing courses will include a focus on mainly educating communities on health, general sanitation, taking care of injuries and prevention techniques, educating people about controlling spreading of diseases. Making policies for change in the community will be one of the perks the individual will enjoy. If a research position is what one is looking for, dual degree programs will enable them to work as an epidemiologist.
For more information, individuals can find out about MSN and MPH master’s nursing courses from the university’s official website.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), to take your career to the next level, your next step should be earning a bachelor’s degree of science in Nursing (BSN). There are an array of career options that come with BSN degree. RN-to-BSN programs help in yielding a significant increase in salary. They allow you to provide more help to others through a greater responsibility of administrative roles.
RN-to-BSN nursing degree programs equip today’s nurses with skill sets that are needed to deliver care in the current complex healthcare system. RN-to-BSN degree programs focus on three main fundamentals
- Professional development:
It aims at developing leadership and communication skills, with critical thinking. It also helps in developing competencies that enable the nurses to collaborate with their colleagues and thrive in their careers.
- Cultural awareness:
This factor helps in the core understanding of racial, religious, and socioeconomic factors impact the delivery of medical care.
- Skill building
It focusses on developing intermediate and advanced technical proficiencies that would allow the nurses to broaden their practice on a wider range of patients.
There are nearly 700 RN-to-BSN programs offered throughout the US. These include RN to BSN online degree programs. The structure of these courses varies program to program. The four-year course from a public, and private institutions offer programs that consist of courses dealing with subjects like biology, chemistry, psychology, physics, sociology, English. The upper-level nursing courses focus majorly on Anatomy and physiology, nutrition and diet, nursing leadership, community healthcare development, nursing ethics and nursing electives.
Tuition costs depend upon the institution you decide to attend. After you have found a program that best suits your career interests, check with their financial aid office to get an updated and accurate tuition and information. If you are already employed as a nurse and are planning to pursue a BSN course, your employer might cover some or all of the tuition costs.
RN-to-BSN degree programs provide hands-on experience by providing experimental training sessions held at a hospital, clinic or another medical facility. They are facilitated either resident staff and consist of simulative mock laboratory procedures
A nurse is never just a “nurse” – a nurse can be a licensed practical nurse (LPN), registered nurse (RN), or nurse practitioner. There are numerous nursing job titles. These job titles are received from different levels of education, reflecting their varied qualifications and expertise. The various levels of education, ranging from associate degree nurse (ADN) to bachelor of science in nursing (BSN), Master of science in nursing (MSN) and Ph.D. in nursing.
Here are few differences between RN and BSN nursing degree programs that you should know:
- The primary requirement to become an RN is to clear the NCLEX exam. This applies to RN or BSN online programs. To be eligible to appear for NCLEX, you must either hold an associate degree in nursing (ADN) or a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN). ADN is a 21-month program, while BSN is a 4-year commitment. BSN has higher academic credentials than RN.
- As mentioned above, to become an RN, you have to clear the NCLEX exam. To be able to appear for NCLEX exam, you should at least have an ADN degree. After you clear NCLEX exam, you can pursue further education with a BSN degree. You can work towards higher credential course using RN to BSN nursing degree program.
- Registered nurses perform typical nursing duties; such as charting patient’s symptoms, operating medical equipment, inform and educate patients on illness. Having a BSN degree under your belt gives you an opportunity to work in public health services or become a nurse educator.
- Statistics show that RN’s with an associate’s degree is deemed qualified for around 60 percent of the jobs. On the contrary, a nurse with BSN degree is qualified for 90 percent of available job vacancies.
- When it comes to salary, the median pay of a Registered Nurse is $66,000 while that of an RN with BSN degree earn more than RN’s with an associate degree. Apart from salary RN to BSN degree programs give greater opportunity to specialize in the medical field and aim for managerial roles.
The bottom line is, to be eligible for RN licensure, you can have any of the two academic degrees, either RN or BSN nursing degree programs. But more hospitals are pushing for nurses who opted for RN to BSN degree programs.
Getting admission into a nursing school can be a tedious process, because, every other nursing school has different application materials, which can be very extensive. Nursing programs are known to be very competitive. You can improve your chances of acceptance with proper guidance, preparation, and planning. Here is a step by step process that will help you get into a nursing school of your choice.
- Before applying for a course in a nursing school, you should be a graduate from high school. Having good grades and high GPA will help you get top nursing schools. You should particularly be having good grades in science coursework.
- Decide which course you want to take under nursing. You can opt for an ADN course which is an associate degree or a baccalaureate BSN degree. The latter program is more competitive and has tougher admission standards.
- Although optional, you can work part-time in a health care service. This will give you decide easier which nursing course is right for you. Secondly, you can put this experience in your resume which helps you get even better nursing schools.
- Once you have shortlisted a handful of nursing schools, look for their accreditation. The school you choose should be accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Apart from this, the school should be approved by a state board of nursing.
- Take necessary admission assessments. The Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI) and Test of Essential Academic Skills are the most common tests that will help schools decide if you will do well.
- Based on your score, if you qualify, you will be requested for official transcripts of any and all colleges that you have attended in the past. It depends on the nursing schools if they tell you to submit it over the counter or upload soft copies on their official websites, or both.
- Complete your application by writing an essay (if required). Some schools consider this important as this will help them check if you have a good understanding of the reality of nursing. Nursing Centralized Application Service (NCAS) allows you to apply to multiple schools using a single application. Make sure that the nursing school you are applying to uses the NCAS system.
The field of psychology is expanding widely with each passing day. This area of study brings with it great opportunities that allows one not only to improve themselves but bring about a difference in the society as a whole. A large number of students around the world are now opting for psychology as it is a very rewarding choice.
Psychology opens doors to a number of career opportunities that range from business, human resources, and many more fields. Psychology programs can also benefit in building specialized careers such as a clinical psychologist, counselor, therapist, etc. If you wish to deepen your knowledge in the area of psychological studies, here are 4 types of psychology programs that you can pursue:
Bachelor’s degree in psychology – A bachelor’s degree is one of the psychology programs that can be taken at undergraduate level. It can open door to a large number of career opportunities. This program can be completed in a period of 4 years and can be taken at a college or university of your choice. One can also opt for the course to be taken in a hybrid format that includes a few classed online and some in an actual classroom setting.
Master’s degree in psychology – A master’s degree can be obtained after acquiring a bachelor’s degree in psychology. A master’s psychology program is vast and broader, giving one a deeper sense of the field. If you are looking to advance your knowledge and are looking for an in-depth training in psychology, you can opt for a master’s degree. Like any of the bachelor’s psychology programs, master’s programs too can be completed online. Most master’s psychology programs require an individual to write a thesis and this course can be completed in a span of 2 years.
Doctorate degree in psychology – A doctorate degree in psychology is the highest level of education that can be obtained upon the completion of a master’s psychology program. A doctorate degree is aimed at conducting a study and research in the field of psychology and requires one to undergo rigorous training to become an expert in the field. This is one of the highest levels of psychology programs and opens up the doors to limitless career paths. The degree can take anywhere between 4 to 8 years to complete and an individual may be licensed to called by the term “psychologist.”
A degree offered by nursing schools equips students with the skills to provide quality patient care. Being one of the highest paying majors, it provides opportunities to graduates and ensures that they are fully prepared to enter this fast-paced and ever-evolving field.
Here is a list of nursing schools that offer some of the best courses on nursing programs that help students prepare for a rewarding career in the medical field.
- Rush University
The Rush University at Chicago, Illinois offers online nursing programs that provide flexible opportunities for pursuing the degree part-time. It is among the top five universities across the country that offers six graduate nursing specialties.
- Louisiana State University
The Louisiana state university offers bachelor’s and master’s and doctor’s programs that allow students to specialize in the fields of adult health nursing, family practice nursing, and nursing science.
- University of Michigan
The University of Michigan offers a variety of master’s programs that includes specialization in maternal health, child health, neonatal nursing, and geriatric nursing. It has a 1.2 million square feet of research space and the research budget of $1 billion. The nursing school has over 12,000 living alumni.
- New York University
The BSN program of New York University has 400 graduates annually. The school offers a dozen of graduate nursing programs. It has new facilities on the fifth avenue, and it has the eighth-highest level of research funding from the National Institute of Health.
- University of Pennsylvania
The Penn University is the only Ivy league institution that offers a baccalaureate nursing degree. Nearly 150-180 students graduate from the BSN program annually. Students studying at Penn university have access to several world-class hospitals. Two of them are in the vicinity of the school.
- John Hopkins University
The nursing school has a diverse body of 1200 students, with a healthy mix of both full-time and part-time enrollees. Around 250-350 students graduate from the university’s BSN program. The university also provides MSN degree, doctor of nursing practice (DNP), doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in nursing, and graduate certificate programs.
Psychology is a field of study that enables one to understand various aspects of the working of social sciences. It offers a broad range of skills that transcend from arts and science, opening up doors to a variety of career opportunities. If you still are confused and in quest of reasons why you should consider looking at a few psychology programs, here are a few:
Understand yourself better – Psychology programs offer an in-depth knowledge of different kinds of personality and factors around us that can impact behavior. As you continue to take the program, you will come to understand the influence that various societal and cultural factors have on yourself too.
Begin to critically think – Psychology leads one to develop a critical thinking that involves using scientific methods and problem-solving abilities. This kind of thinking is essential and is beneficial in developing further skills that can be used in fields such as business and law.
Interesting topic of study – Psychology programs improve learning about different behaviors, communication strategies, illnesses, and more. These topics are interesting and make push one to gain a better understanding of the different aspects. It teaches one to view the world in a way that is different from the conventional and is a study that can be used in daily life.
Helps in career building – Irrespective of whether you wish to take your career ahead in the field of psychology, psychology programs can help open doors for your in other professions too. If you want to take up a career in human resource, psychology enables you to understand human behavior and improves your ability to handle people and situations.
Become an effective communicator – Psychology programs help you understand emotions and body language more effectively and also enables an easy interpretation when interacting with people. This helps one become a better communicator with practice, over the years.
These are few reasons, however, there several other advantages that come with taking up a psychology program.
The decision of pursuing an MBA program can be a crucial one and indubitably require great thought, effort, and money. If you have already made up your mind and wish to pave your way into one the best MBA colleges, the journey starts now.
Millions of students dream of making it to the best MBA colleges, and thus, making sure that you get yourself there can be difficult but worth all the effort. Rather than getting overwhelmed by the several requirements of these B-schools and colleges, one should start focusing on factors that will be beneficial in getting to these institutions. Follow these tips and make your profile irresistible to the best MBA colleges around and outside town:
Be a top performer in your profession – No matter which profession you come from, being a top performer in whatever you do matters. While most of your coworkers may wince at the thought of being given extra work, you should take a different route, and get yourself maximum exposure. The best MBA colleges look for individuals who can make a difference to the rest and comes with a diversified experience.
Work on your communication skills – Business professionals are expected to have strong communication skills that can aid in bringing about a change in thought. Work on your verbal prowess as this will act as the backbone to your candidacy when you are being evaluated by the best MBA colleges.
Prove why you want your degree – Your past achievements in the form of unpaid and paid jobs will give the admission officials a sense of your professionalism. You should be able to prove to them that you can make the best out of every opportunity that you are presented with. A business education is meant for a few deserving individuals, and you must put your best forward by working on these aspects.
Keep your knowledge updated – If you are going to be making a mark in the business world, the best MBA colleges expect you to have top-notch knowledge of the business landscape. Staying updated with the past and current happenings of the corporate field and a general awareness will help you shine through the admission process.