Poets, songwriters, and artists have waxed eloquence about love since ages. It’s easier to tell your partner that you need their love seven days a week.
But let’s face it – love and romance require some hard work. Whether you are in the initial days of your relationship or celebrating decades of being together, you will always need something extra to keep the sparks shining. Date nights can be one example of spending time together. But they might rarely be enough; unless you guys go through something that Tina Fey and Steve Carell went through in the 2010 film, Date Night. But a regular date night turning into a night full of adventure is best left to the movies. In reality, you need something to give you and your partner a break from your routine. So why not go on an amazing romantic getaway?
A dash of fun and a sprinkle of adventure once in a while can do a lot to keep the romance alive. You can also spend some quiet time with your favorite person in a private resort to fall in love all over again. Here are a few romantic weekend getaway ideas – whether you’re looking for getaways on Valentine’s or to celebrate your anniversary.
Whisk your love away for a quick romantic weekend
Looking for romantic weekend getaway ideas close to home? A quick romantic vacation can be a great way to take a break from the everyday hustle. You can plan a short and sweet surprise for your SO (significant other) by taking them away to one of the best getaways for couples across the country. Here are a few romantic places for a quick weekend getaway:
- Vintage Surfari Wagon, Los Angeles, California: Are you and your partner more of an adventurous kind? If yes, then this might be just be the perfect getaway spot where you can reignite the spark via road-trippin’. You can rent a VW camper bus from Vintage Surfari Wagons in California and hit the road leaving behind the humdrum for a couple of days. These retro buses from the ‘70s and ’80s are equipped with renovated interiors, a dining table, and a couch that can be converted to a full-size bed. These buses also have camping equipment, kitchen essentials, cleaning supplies, and potable water. You can either go on a pre-planned desert trip, or you can choose to cruise along your own route up Highway 1. The cost will range from $140 to $270 per day depending on the season and vehicle.
- Blackberry Farms, Smoky Mountains, Tennessee: If you and your partner are looking for a stress-free and tranquil mini-vacation, head out south to Blackberry Farms near Smoky Mountains, Tennessee. This 4,200-acre family-owned farm has been ranked number 1 by Bon Appetit magazine. And why not? It has one of the most extensive wine lists (160,000 bottles!). Moreover, you will get farm-fresh food, as the hotel sources nearly all the ingredients from its own kitchen gardens and farms. Sign up for couples’ activities like wellness workshops, cooking demonstrations, yoga, Zumba, and couples’ massage sessions. You can make the best of your romantic weekend by trying out something new with your partner. Go for kayaking, canoeing, fly-fishing, carriage rides, hiking, archery, paintball, biking, or horseback riding. For cost and other details, check the official website of Blackberry Farms.
- Firelight Camps, Ithaca, New York: Want to experience the outdoors, but with indoor comfort? Then glamping, an ultra-glamorous style of camping, might just be for you and your partner. Firelight Camps are situated on the grounds of La Tourelle Resort and Spa in Ithaca. The camp has spacious tents, all tastefully done up with plush beds, battery-powered lanterns, and artisanal furniture. Here you can spend some quiet time with your partner as the serene sounds of nature drift into the spacious tent. The tents are covered with mesh screens, so you do not have to worry about creepy crawlies getting in. With two restaurants and a bar with outdoor lounge areas, the camp offers romantic ways to enjoy your meals. If you are in the mood to explore the outdoors, you can simply buy snacks from the camp canteen and walk around. Get a S’mores kit from the canteen and spend the night under the stars near a bonfire. At just around $750 per person, you can bring your partner for a quiet anniversary getaway or even for a Valentine’s Day weekend getaway. Moreover, this modern way of camping can easily be one of the best Valentine’s Day getaways for 2019. Be prepared to use #relationshipgoals in all your pictures!
In the mood for an offbeat romantic break?
You can opt for luxury hotel suites and glamping if you want an easygoing romantic vacation. But if you do not want to go where everyone is heading, you can go for something unusual, especially if you have more than a weekend to spare. Perhaps you can try gourmet dinner on the rooftop of a skylodge overlooking a cliff? Or are you more inclined toward adventure sports with your bae?Like being in the world’s coldest town where there is absolutely no cell phone network? You can pick these off-track romantic getaways if you belong to the school of YOLO. (You Live Only Once, for the uninitiated.)
- Skylodge Adventure Suites, Peru: Located, 1,200 feet off the ground level, Skylodge Adventure Suites is not for the faint of heart, and especially not for those afraid of heights. What’s more is that you have to hike through or use a zip line to get there. The lodges have clear glass walls. You can see the expansive scenery from a great height all through the day. The rooms have all the basic essentials. If you dare to go there, don’t forget to head out to the rooftop restaurant to enjoy a meal with a breathtaking, heart-thumping view!
- Oymyakon Valley, Russia: Winter Wonderland gets a complete twist here in Oymyakon Valley. Every inch of the town is covered in inches of snow, throughout the year. In the winter, daylight lasts for just 3 hours. Known as one of the coldest inhabited places in the world, the lowest temperature recorded here was -96.16 degrees F, in 1924. The overall day temperature is around -58 degrees F. But if you are looking for something totally private and totally adventurous, this is the town for you. Book a cozy cottage and get under toasty warm blankets to have a quiet night in. Or if you want to a dose of thrilling adventure, head out for a drive along the infamous Road of Bones.
- Jules’ Undersea Lodge, Key Largo: For all you water babies, Jules’ Undersea Lodge in Key Largo is the ultimate place. It is one of the best weekend getaways for couples who want to experience the bottom of the ocean up close. Situated 30 feet deep, the lodge has everything that a plush hotel has to offer, with the added benefits of magnificent underwater scenes. To get to your room, you will have to scuba dive. You can experience marine life by joining night paddleboard tours. You can swim with friendly dolphins in Dolphin Cove or go parasailing and paragliding, all offered by the hotel.
Fancy a luxury romantic getaway?
If luxury is what attracts you and your partner, nothing short of a deluxe romantic weekend getaway will do. What’s better than spending some delightful time with private pools, exotic spas, exclusive candlelit dinners? Nothing comes close to making your better half feel like royalty. Whether you have a big anniversary milestone coming up, or want to have a spectacular Valentine’s weekend, you can head out to one of these stunningly beautiful luxurious locales.
- St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort: With hand-crafted cocktails, rare wines, and live music performances all week long, St. Regis Bal Harbour offers the perfect setting for an intimate romantic weekend. You and your partner unwind and enjoy performances by up-and-coming contemporary artists to jazz musicians. It is also the ultimate couples’ spa retreat with Finnish saunas and world-class spa services. This five-star resort offers some of the most exclusive amenities to make your weekend romantic getaway an opulent yet low-key experience.
- Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain: If you and your significant other share a love for food, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain will be the perfect Valentine’s Day getaway. Located in the desert city of Scottsdale, Arizona, this retreat is an epicurean’s delight. It offers a “Mi Casa, Mi Chef” program, which is a personalized gourmet experience. You will get to stay in a beautiful private estate facing the beautiful Camelback Mountain. A highly-skilled chef will create a customized dining experience just for you. Accompanied by the chef, you get to pick the choicest and freshest ingredients from the local farmer’s market. Love cooking? You and your partner can join your chef in the kitchen. Or you can just lounge in the private patio, drinking wine and enjoying the sunset as your chef whips up your personalized meal.
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk: If you are looking for some old-world charm to fuel your romance, head over to The Chanler at Cliff Walk, Newport. This 19th -century mansion exudes elegance and luxury. With just twenty distinctive rooms, it offers an exquisite and private experience to those looking for an intimate getaway. Every room offers a scenic view of the Atlantic Ocean. From personalized butler service, in-room Jacuzzis, to enjoying delectable meals at an award-winning restaurant, you and your partner will surely enjoy it here.
Bring the spark back in your romance at no extra cost
Running low on cash? But still want to take your partner away on a sweet little romantic rendezvous? Worry not. Whether you are looking for a tropical paradise or mountain retreats, we have got some great romantic weekend getaway deals just for you. These are all-inclusive places where you can have the best time with your better half, and you need not stress over burning a hole in your pocket!
- Winvian: This luxurious rustic hotel is located in the midst of Litchfield Hills. Here, you can book a quaint farm cottage for yourself. You will have your own private patio with a view of the forest and lakes. The cottages have a warm ambiance with a woody décor and a fireplace. Jacuzzis, home-cooked breakfast, a luxe spa, a farm-to-table restaurant, and a lot of couples’ activities like horseback riding and cooking classes add to the old-school charm.
- Fair Hills Resort: This charming seasonal resort is perfect if you are looking for a serene getaway without the jazzy amenities. Located close to Pelican Lake in Detroit Lakes region, this resort has cabin-style rooms. Each room has a fully-equipped kitchen, private bathroom, and homely furnishings. This no-frills resort offers basic amenities at very affordable prices. The amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, nine-hole golf course, water-based sports, indoor and outdoor games, and a casual restaurant.
- Red Mountain Resort & Spa: This all-inclusive resort offers the perfect setting for a quiet escape for couples. Located near the Snow Canyon State Park, this resort offers exclusive spa services at very affordable prices. You can book a charming room or a suite for yourself and your partner in one of the many low-rise buildings of the resort. The rooms are done up with elegant décor. They are also equipped with ensuite bathrooms, satellite television, and wireless Internet. The resort has a full-service bar, restaurant, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and a fitness center. It also offers a number of activities such as guided hikes, fitness classes, photography classes, rock climbing, kayaking, and horseback riding.
Not every couple is the same, neither is every relationship similar. But what remains constant is the need to keep the romance alive. What’s better than choosing to go on a perfect romantic getaway? A charming resort or an idyllic cabin house in the woods, just pick a place, get away, and watch those sparks from the first date light up again!