Cosmetics have become an integral part of everyone’s life. Cosmetics not only enhance one’s beauty but also make them feel confident about their appearance. There is a wide range of cosmetics to choose from, each claiming that it’s better than the other. Once you like a cosmetic brand and it blends easily with your skin without causing allergies, you know you that you have found a reliable cosmetic brand to stick to. Buying the right cosmetics is an easy task, but taking care of these cosmetics is difficult. Here are some tips to take care of your cosmetics and ensure that they last longer.
- Every cosmetic item that you will ever purchase will have instructions pertaining to its usage and storage. People mostly disregard these instructions, and the repercussions of this are that the cosmetics don’t last until its destinated date. So, ensure that you store your cosmetics in a cool, dry environment and not where they are exposed to warm, damp air.
- Irrespective of how much you love your sibling or your best friend, do not share your cosmetics with them unless it is a body lotion or perfume. Sharing of eyeliners, mascara, Kohl, or lipsticks, can be harmful to your skin and eyes. If you share your eyeliner or mascara, you will be trading bacteria back and forth, and if it results in itchy eyes, your cosmetics are not to be blamed. So, keep your cosmetics to yourself.
- If the foundation is a part of your dressing table ritual, pour it out on a palette and apply it with the brush. Sticking a brush into the bottle can contaminate it, and your foundation won’t last long. Remember, if your foundation isn’t right, the entire makeup will go wrong.
- Lipsticks are the quintessential gamechanger; if you feel that your face looks dull, you apply a lipstick and you are a completely different person. However, your lipsticks are such cosmetics that need extra care. If it’s hot outside, you need to keep it in the fridge. If it has lost its creamy texture, it’s time to toss it in the dustbin.
- If your cosmetics smell weird or are past their expiry date, throw them away since expired cosmetics have high levels of bacterial contamination. However, cosmetics can go bad before the expiry date due to improper storage or improper use.