The Federal Lifeline Assistance program introduced in the 1980s helped several households get free landline phones and monthly plans. When the plan got extended to cell phones, a lot of individuals and households benefited even more as it involves getting wireless cell phones and phone plans for free for a month.
Cell phones are very beneficial as you can carry them everywhere and make sure that you do not miss any important calls. The cell phones provided by Q Link Wireless support a number of functions and fulfill all basic phone needs.
With the free Q Link Wireless phones and their plans, the users can get 350 minutes for a month along with 500 MB data and unlimited texting.
How to qualify for the free Q Link Wireless phone program?
To be eligible for the free government plans and Q Link Wireless phones, you should fall under either of the qualification criteria:
- Your household income should be low as per the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The poverty guidelines for each state differ and so do check your state’s guidelines to find out if you qualify for the program.
- You are already receiving benefits from other governmental initiatives for the financially disadvantaged. These schemes include the following:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplement Security Income
- Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affair General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
How to Apply?
If you are eligible to enjoy the free phone benefits under the Lifeline Assistance program, you can get your free Q Link Wireless phones in a matter of few steps. The easiest way to do it is visiting the official Q Link Wireless website and registering your email id and zip code. You need to then upload the required documents on the Q Link Wireless website. These documents are for proof of eligibility and are compulsory for getting the free Q Link Wireless phones. Once you have submitted your documents and have got it verified, the company then ships the phone to you.
You can always check the status of your application for free Q Link Wireless Phones on the carrier’s website to stay informed.