If you are seriously planning to own this Sprint family cell phone plan, you’ll have to consider the fact that Sprint has struggled very much to stand against their competitors in terms of data speeds. This is because, in many parts of the country, Sprint gets slow data speed than other leading carriers. The benefits of Sprint’s plans are:
- If you are in Mexico or Canada or in the United States, you can enjoy unlimited data, call, and text. If you’re outside these member countries, you can get this offer with lower speeds with call costs of 20 cents per minute. It is also available in almost 180 countries around the globe.
- No overages.
- You can lease your old phones so you can buy a new one every year.
- 10 GB of LTE mobile-hotspot data
Downsides of Sprint’s Unlimited Plan
- There are roaming restrictions such as Sprint may end your service if you regularly spend more than 100 MB in roaming areas
- Gaming is limited to 8Mbps
- Music streaming is limited to 1.5Mbps
The downsides of all Sprint plans:
- Not as many benefits as T-Mobile
- Once you exceed the data limit of your plan, speed will be reduced to 2G
- Irregular coverage in rural areas
Unlimited plans by Verizon for families
There are a number of fixed and unlimited plans are offered by Verizon. The recently launched Unlimited plan starts at the rate of $80 per month for a single line, and $180 per month for family cell phone plan of 4 members. The happy news is that it includes all activities such as texting, calling and you can use data as per your need. But it has limitations too, one is that it limits 4G LTE high-speed tethering to 10 GB, and it also cuts short your speed if you are exceeding 22 GB on a line. Even if this Verizon plan has issues, almost all its individual, as well as best family cell phone plans, are cost effective. You can avail capped plans in 3 ranges such as 2 GB (Small), 4 GB (Medium), 8 GB (Large). Data packages price ranges from $35 per month for Small to 24 GB data with $110 per month plus extra 2 GB per line with the additional costs $20. All capped plans include unlimited text and call.
The downsides of Verizon cell phone plans
- 22 GB limit control on unlimited plans
- Additional money for international coverage
- Buying unlocked phones is tricky because Verizon runs on CDMA networks
Benefits of Verizon plans
- Affordable prices for individuals as well as family cell phone plans
- Strong coverage in both urban and rural areas
- Unlimited plans with 10 GB of mobile-hotspot data