When it comes to choosing business insurance, you are spoilt for choice. Sundry insurance policies are available that can be selected according to the type of your business. While various insurance policies would benefit all kinds of business, some of the popular small business insurance categories are listed below.
- The most important requisite of a business of any size is a general liability Insurance. This protects against third party lawsuits and covers both attorney and defense charges.
- Protecting against fire, theft, and destruction of office space or property is its namesake, property insurance. It lets you run your business with as less an impact possible after an upheaval.
- Provided as a set of insurance policies that is relevant for your specific business, a business owner’s policy is a prerequisite for all businesses. It normally includes business interruption insurance, property insurance, vehicle coverage, and liability insurance, amongst others, and alterations to this list are permitted to add or delete what is crucial for your business.
- Dispensing compensation to workers if they are hurt or killed while on the job is worker’s compensations policy. A policy made compulsory by most States in the US, to protect both the owner and the worker, this provides monetary benefits to affected employees, if they forego their right to prosecute the business concern.
- Similar to the previous one, commercial auto insurance insures all the vehicles used exclusively or partially by the small business.
- A professional liability insurance provides reparation for the damages caused by the non-deliverance of or botched failure of products or services extended to the small business. Useful more for professionals providing services, this is as important as a General liability insurance, not in place of it, but in addition to it.
- When any business entity stores delicate or sensitive private information about clients or employees, they are accountable for their safe keeping. A data breach insurance Policy protects the firm in the event of a violation of this responsibility.
- Offering protection to the people in charge of taking decisions for the well-being of a small business, is the directors and officers insurance that comes to their aid in covering legal costs and damages that ensue because of their wrong judgments that affect the company adversely.
Make sure the small business you own invests in these insurances wisely.