Eyes are way more sensitive than we think them to be, but we do not take adequate care of our eyes as we take care of other parts of the body. Itchiness and dryness of the eyes are not only caused due to exposure to allergens, but the cause might be much serious like conjunctivitis or blepharitis.
Your doctor needs to diagnose the cause for providing chronic dry eye relief. The two main causes for dry and itchy eyes are discussed below:
It is one of the principal reasons, which can make your eyes to get inflamed or swollen, accompanied by itchiness. This occurs due to the clogging of pores in the eyelid with oils or dust particles. The hair follicles on your eyelid get irritated due to the presence of the particles, which causes your eyes to feel itchy. There are other causes of Blepharitis as well like –
- Mites on your eyelashes
- Infection caused due to bacteria
- Malfunctioning of oil glands
- Side effects of medications or makeup you are using on your eyes or face.
Conjunctivitis is a common eye disease, but if you don’t get proper chronic dry eye relief for this problem, it can cause damage to your eyes. There are two different kinds of conjunctivitis.
- One is seasonal conjunctivitis which occurs mostly during spring as well as in fall. It happens because the environment and the air tend to have a high count of pollens, dry grass, and weeds which are highly allergic to many.
- Another one is the Perennial Allergic Conjunctivitis, and it happens because of dust, hairs of your pet or mold, which are present in your household and the environment all the time, irrespective of the season.
The chronic dry eye relief care is different for each of them.
In case you are suffering from dry, itchy eyes, treatment for it is extremely important. Also, it is vital to find out the reason behind the condition. You should always visit an eye clinic whenever your eyes are dry and itchy eyes and avail the proper chronic dry eye relief care.