Multiple myeloma is a disease that can rarely be prevented. It occurs in anyone with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance or solitary plasmacytomas. Like any cancer, multiple myeloma lacks prevention procedures.
However, what you need to do is minimize the risk factors. These risk factors are the ones that may trigger cancerous activities inside your body. For example, smoking causes lung cancer and drinking alcohol too much can lead to liver cancer. So you should keep such addictions at bay.
Similarly, with myeloma treatment, there are certain diet plans that you can follow to stay fit and healthy. Doctors have not been able to link any diet and cure for myeloma directly, but these diet plans are designed to keep a person healthy and fight cancer. These may reduce the risk of multiple myeloma.
Every multiple myeloma treatment starts with your diet. These work more as prevention methods than as remedial with any multiple myeloma drugs. Here are some dietary myeloma treatments that you can undertake for its prevention.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables for every meal.
- Choose whole grains over any kinds of foods that contain processed or refined grains.
- Limit your intake of processed and red meat.
- Practice a good and healthy eating habit that will allow you to maintain your weight in the normal range.
- Don’t get overweight or obese as this triggers cancer.
- Stop smoking as soon as possible because smoking fills your blood with impurities and this is a health concern.
- Limit your alcohol intake. Stick to two pegs of alcohol each day if you are a man and one if you are a woman. However, it is best that over time, you eliminate the habit of drinking.
Regarding effective treatments, multiple myeloma can be kept at bay by following this diet. Whether it be prevention or treatment, multiple myeloma should be taken seriously. For the right myeloma treatment, consult your doctor and get a proper dietary chart.