Living with arthritis is a daily battle, which every person who has arthritis goes through. In search of arthritis pain relief, people try various methods. Arthritis treatment varies from person to person depending on their body type, physical condition, and also the place they live in. Some of the most reliable methods to get chronic arthritis pain relief have been listed below.
- Provide proper nourishment to your body by eating healthy food instead of junk food. Try to incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and proteins in your diet to give your body the required minerals.
- Maintain a good posture as it can work wonders for all types of arthritis pain and is a major cure for back arthritis pain relief.
- Stay active as it is the most dependable arthritis pain reliever as it keeps your joints and muscles in good condition. Regular exercises to strengthen joints and muscles are the best knee pain arthritis treatment. Regular, simple knee and leg exercises are recommended for all arthritis patients to maintain their mobility.
- Cures for arthritis knee pain include hot and cold treatment, which increases blood flow in the affected areas and reduces inflammation, thereby giving you the best arthritis knee pain relief.
- Hot fomentation relaxes muscles and eliminates lactic acid from your body which causes stiffness and soreness. Cold compressions stop chemicals, which induce inflammation in the body, thereby giving you optimal arthritis pain relief.
- You can use a warm bath or a heating pad for hot fomentation and an ice pack for cold compressions.
- Avoid cold compression directly on bonny joints such as the knee and elbow and work around the muscles near the painful area.
- Regular light massages and alternative treatments like acupuncture are also preferred by many to get relief from arthritis pain.
A regular checkup with the doctor and maintaining proper body weight goes a long way in ensuring that you get easy arthritis pain relief. Medications are recommended for acute pain so that the mobility of the patient does not get affected. Regular intermittent periods of rest are also important for arthritis pain relief.