We know that there are a number of body hair removal options available with varying processes and prices. But the question is whether or not to go for the body hair removal options. Let us look at some of the simple and popular body hair removal options that come at a cheaper cost.
- Shaving: Shaving is one of the easiest ways of body hair removal and a lot faster than any other method. But it lasts from half a day to three days, depending upon the hair growth cycle.
- Tweezing: If you are looking to target a more specific area like your brows or struggling with the random facial hair you can opt for tweezing. Tweezing can last anywhere from 2–8 weeks since you are yanking out your hair roots.
- Wax: Many people choose to wax their faces, bikini lines, armpits, legs etc. It can give you freedom from unwanted hair for 2-8 weeks since you are pulling out hair from the roots.Though it might not be for you if you have sensitive skin or if you are taking any medicines that cause thinning of the skin.
If you are a beginner, you can start with hard wax or you can choose ready-to-use wax strips for body hair removal. Waxing requires some practice for good results. You can also get it professionally done. Be careful of the temperature of the wax when applying on your body. But if you are looking to get rid of razor bumps, then you should either apply moisturizer or seek doctor’s consultation.
- Depilatory creams: Depilatory creams are also an excellent option. You basically slather the stuff on, wait a few minutes and remove the cream from the applied area with a cotton wool and your hair comes off with it. But these creams are not ideal to use on sensitive skin.
- Threading: Last but not the least, threading is best for smaller areas like eyebrows, forehead, upper lips, etc. It can be painful but it’s safe if done by a trained beautician.
One can try these body hair removal options and whichever suits the specific preferences. It is also a good idea to apply a skin-soothing cream or ointment after removing the body hair.