A yeast infection of the vagina is triggered by an overgrowth of the fungus called Candida Albicans that thrives in the vagina naturally. Suppose you happen to be the victim of a yeast infection, you have two options before you. You can either consult a doctor who will give you some prescription medicines to treat this condition. The other option is to opt for natural yeast infection remedies (home remedies) that have been proven to be excellent to combat this issue.
Given below are some of the best yeast infection treatments that can be done at home naturally.
- Greek Yogurt: Yogurt happens to be prebiotic as it comprises of living bacteria that are ideal for reconstructing a healthy vaginal environment. They are useful in combating the proliferation of bacteria that is responsible for the yeast condition. The best option is Greek yogurt that is plain without any added sugars.
- Oregano Essential Oil: Oregano oil extracted from the type of wild oregano which contains carvacrol and thymol have antifungal properties that will help to combat the growth of C. albicans depending on the dosage. However, you need to keep in mind the fact that essential oils should not be locally applied and are meant for inhalation.
- Boric Acid: This product has been found to be an extremely effective antiseptic that treats yeast infection successfully. For topical application, ensure that you mix water along with a small quantity of boric acid before applying it to the vaginal area.
- Probiotic suppositories and Supplements: Probiotics are quite successful in restoration of yeast-bacteria balance in the system. Beginning with a course of oral Probiotics that contains traces lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria, can help to treat yeast infection in the vagina effectively.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is yet another powerful weapon in combating yeast infections as it effectively destroys all kinds of viruses, bacteria and fungi. Ensure you dilute this oil with either coconut or jojoba oil if you intend using it as a suppository for the vagina. Never consume this oil.
- Coconut Oil: Another wonderful home remedy for yeast infection treatment. Just bear in mind the fact that you need to purchase organic and pure coconut oil that can be directly applied to the vagina for useful results.