A bathroom is an indispensable part of any home. Bathrooms, in general, would have standard systems like the heater, hand shower, basin, etc. However, there are always some value additions that you can do in your washrooms. For instance, creating extra storage spaces, adding mirrors, bathtubs, etc. In case you have such improvement plans in mind for your bathroom, then the first approach to it should be choosing the right bathroom vanities.
In simple terms bathroom vanities are nothing, but bathroom furniture comprising a basin, mirror and a cupboard. They come in various shapes, colors, and sizes, based on the requirement of every homeowner. But with an extensive variety available, how do you select the right vanity? To help you get a clearer picture, here are some useful tips for styling your bathroom with vanities:
- Measure the space: Several designs of bathroom vanities are available online. Browse through all of them to judge the size, so that you can find the perfect fit for your space. Overcrowded or bulky vanities will spoil the look. Therefore, picking the right size and shape of vanity is imperative.
- Aesthetics: Aesthetics, though a personal choice, can have a heavy impact while choosing a bathroom vanity. Royal-designed vanity will be a misfit for a simple bathroom space. Similarly, a posh and spacious bathroom without any vanities will look unpleasantly empty.
Choosing the right vanity for the bathroom will ensure to add some personality to your space.
Types of vanity
There are a few types of bathroom vanities available to choose from. Depending on space, budget and personal preferences you can pick any one of these for your home.
- Cabinet style: This is the most common type. The solid shape takes most of the bathroom space, and the drawers also provide the necessary storage space.
- Pedestal and console sinks: This type of component will leave some free space at the bottom, which is visually appealing.
- Wall-mounted: Such type of bathroom vanity will provide ample space on the ground and below the fixtures.
So next time you are giving a makeover to your bathroom, remember to have the right vanities in place.