Sofas are an integral part of any living room. This is a common place where people bond with their families and pets. However, frequent usage of the sofa translates to the periodical cleaning of the couch and its covers. Sanitizing the sofa covers can get incredibly monotonous, but you must ensure hygiene so safeguard the health of your family.
Although, there are some points that you need to bear in mind before you actually begin the cleaning the sofa covers.
- Material: Being aware of the type of material helps to decide on the procedure and also the product you need to use to clean your sofa covers. This will also ensure, you don’t end up staining or causing any damage to the cover during the cleaning process.
- Discard the worn out and the old: If your dog has chewed on the cover or there is a permanent stain, it is advised to throw it away. Keeping these will only make your sofa look shabby.
- Read the tags: Some sofa covers will have specific instructions on how to wash them. Remember to read them to retain the quality of the sofa covers.
How to clean the sofa covers?
You can use the following methods to clean the sofa covers and improve the look of your living room.
- Toss it into the washer: Many sofa covers with ‘W’ sign on them can be washed with water. The easiest way would be to put it in the washer by using the appropriate amount and type of detergent.
- Baking soda or stain remover: If there are just some blemishes you need to remove, you use a simple stain removal treatment or baking soda. The effectiveness of these remedies depends on the severity of the stain.
- Dry cleaners: If your sofa covers are made of an expensive fabric, it’s only smart to get them dry cleaned as you wouldn’t know what chemicals would be suitable to use on them.