A leaf blower is a gardening tool which is used to clear dead leaves, debris, and various other materials from the garden or ground. Leaf blowers come in three main types; these have been explained in brief as below.
Corded electric leaf blower
Corded electric leaf blowers start up efficiently with the help of a push button. It is light weighted and well designed; anyone can easily handle it with a single hand. It produces some noise while working and offers limited mobility due to the cord. The cost ranges from around $30 to $100.
Battery operated blowers
Battery operated or cordless electric blowers are easy to operate and are lightweight. These types of blowers are best for small gardens because they work only until the batteries last. It has one benefit that it does not come with a cord allowing for more portability in wider areas. The cost ranges from around $150 to $300.
Gas-powered blowers are of three types:
- Gas-powered handheld blowers: These blowers need gasoline to run and they have a smoke exhaust. This blower comes with a 4 stroke engine which weighs about 10 pounds and costs anywhere between $90 and $220.
- Gas-powered backpack blowers: This is a very convenient blower because they can be carried on one’s back and shoulders. They are noisy and need gasoline and oil to start; the cost ranges between $160 and $480.
- Gas-powered wheeled blowers: This type of blower is recommended for commercial use. They are suitable for a huge garden and come with a large 4 stroke engine. The blower does not need fuel and oil to start. They are expensive, costs anywhere around $300 to $800, and weigh around 100 pounds.
These are the main types of blowers; however, leaf blowers are further classified according to the types, style, and features as well. Here is the detailed classification of leaf blowers:
- Light-duty electric leaf blowers
- Heavy-duty electric leaf blowers
- Handheld gas-powered leaf blowers
- Backpack leaf blowers
- Wheeled walk-behind leaf blowers
- Two-cycle gas-powered leaf blowers
- Four-cycle gas-powered leaf blowers
- Anti-vibration mounts
- Two-speed air control
- Multiple attachments
- Soft-grip handle
- Push-button start capability
- Variable cruise control
Selection of the leaf blower depends on various factors and some of them include the following:
- Property size
- Type of material to blow
- Noise restrictions or considerations
- Special features on the blower model
You can choose from these different types and check which one suits your needs best.