Gazebos are the perfect way to expand your living space and enjoy your outdoor area. They are suitable for leisure as well as entertainment and amplify the appeal of your garden. These freestanding structures may be permanent or temporary to suit your need and pocket.
Here are a few things you need to look out for before buying a gazebo for yourself:
- Be sure of the purpose that you need the gazebo for. Do you want it merely for lounging or outdoor living or do you want to make it into poolside entertainment area? Where you want to place the gazebo is very important as the size and design would depend on it.
- Building a gazebo can range anywhere between $100 to over $1500 depending on the type that you want to make.
- They can be built in octagonal, hexagonal, square or even oval shape and depends mostly on your usage. For example, a rectangular or square gazebo is preferred for hot tubs whereas hexagonal or multi-sided gazebos are preferred for outdoor living spaces or wedding receptions.
- The different types of material used for building gazebos include:
It provides the traditional and rustic charm and is suitable for preferably large gardens in areas that do not receive too much rain.
It has become more popular in recent times as it is maintenance free and provides attractive design options.
- Metal or aluminum frame and cloth:
Mostly preferred as a temporary or more affordable option, they can be easily built from gazebo kits available in stores. They are easily available in various shapes with smaller ones generally in a square and the larger ones in rectangular shape.Pre-fabricated and ready to install gazebos are available on Wallmart and Amazon at great prices. Retailers like the Fifthroom, Target Brands, Garden Winds and American Gardens also provide great options that can be customized to your needs.