During the scorching summer days, almost everyone loves spending their leisure time on the porch, backyard or beside the pool. Therefore you must decorate your outdoor space with beautiful furniture to make it look inviting.
One of the most fun elements of the outdoor furniture is the outdoor cushions. They are abundant in designs and colors, which can make your exterior spaces look vibrant and pleasing. However, at the same time, they can easily get affected by dirt. So you must know about the effective ways of protecting and cleaning your outdoor cushions, which will profit you immensely in the long run.
Tips to protect outdoor cushions:
- If the cushions that you use on your outdoor space have removable fabric, then it is easy to wash them. Carefully go through the instructions of the manufacturer and let them air dry.
- In cases of patio cushions with non- removable fabric, it is better to buy slipcovers, as you will be able to protect the cushions for an extended period.
- For cleaning outdoor cushions, you need not worry so much. You just have to mix one teaspoon of any dishwashing detergent with nearly a quarter of warm water and a tablespoon of borax in a bucket. Then, scrub your cushions by using a soft sponge. Keep the cushions undisturbed for about fifteen minutes so that the solution soaks inside and then rinse them thoroughly.
- As the cushions will be spending most of their time in an open space, ensure that you fasten them, especially the ones smaller in size to the furniture by using Velcro strips so that they are not easily affected by strong winds.
- For regular cleaning of the pillows along with the furniture, one may use a vacuum cleaner to eliminate dust and dirt from within.
Other than the above-mentioned tips, you can also use a dry towel or a soft brush for dusting off the cushions regularly.