The first thing that a person must know before buying an area rug is that measurements are the key. You don’t want a big rug that covers more than the needed area. The rug should fit perfectly like a glove. Now, thinking about choosing area rugs for your home? Here are some of the things that you should know before buying your area rugs. Take a look!
When you are choosing the shape of your rug, don’t be afraid to try different shapes that aren’t rectangular. You can go with round area rugs as they are quite popular. It is believed by most of the people that rectangular area rugs suit any type of home decor. But this is not the case. The shape of your rug must match the shape of the furniture around or on it. You can try something a bit different such as faux animal-skin shaped rugs.
Choosing the color of your rug is another dilemma. The best advice you will get is to follow a 60-30-10 rule, where 60% is the color of the walls and the largest piece of furniture. The 30% color palette comprises the furnishings of the rooms such as the rugs, cushions and curtains. This should ideally compliment the dominant color palette. The final 10% is an accent color, which falls within the spectrum of the two color palettes. This accent color should complement both the dominant and the secondary color palette.
The best time to go with patterned area rugs is when your room has bold single or monochromatic colored walls. Patterns always light up the room, so it is essential to have patterned area rugs to add some drama to the room. However, when you have designer walls with patterns and contrasting designs, going with a subtle pattern or single color rug is the best choice.
Area rugs are one of the must have decorative add-ons in your home furnishing. They help to add a splash of color to the room and draw attention. Depending on their pattern and design, rugs can help to bring the theme of the room together. If you are tired of dirty area rugs and are wondering about different ways to keep them clean, here’s what you need to know about cleaning and maintaining your favorite area rugs.
Vacuuming the area rugs is essential to clean them clean and dirt-free. If you can turn the rug, make sure to vacuum both the front and back of the area rug. This helps to remove the dirt and grit and helps to prolong the usage of the area rugs. You should avoid vacuuming the frill of the rug, if it has one, as it could get damaged.
If there are animals or pets where area rugs are being used, just vacuuming or beating the dust out from the rugs might not be enough. Pet hair on the rugs is sometimes quite difficult to remove. In this case, a firm brush with stiff bristles should be used to remove the hair. The brush strokes should be moved uniformly in one direction for it to be effective. Brushing with smooth and gentle strokes will effectively remove the animal hair from your area rugs.
- Turn these regularly
Regular usage and constant exposure to dirt can make the area rugs look dull. The patterns, designs, and colors too could fade with time. In order to make area rugs durable and long lasting, it is important to turn them at least once in six months.In case you are looking to clean your area rugs, do not forget to keep these handy tips close. It is important to maintain area rugs to keep the dirt away. Here’s to long lasting area rugs!
If you are moving to a new home or just finished remodeling your bedroom, then bedding supplies are a must have for your bedroom. But if you are unaware of which are the must have bedding supplies for your newly made bedroom, then here are a few things that can help you with the same.
Mattresses and pillows
You cannot sleep without a mattress or a pillow. Whether you own a sheet or not, a mattress and a pillow is your ultimate friend. Imagine sleeping on a hard surface, night after night! It will not only affect your sleep but your health as well. The bedding supplies and a mattress should top your list.
Blankets or quilts
You don’t want to freeze to death on a winter’s night. A great quilt or comforter will keep you warm. Choose a nice soft and fluffy blanket or quilt, as they trap the air to keep you warm and cozy. Don’t buy heavy blankets or bedspread quilts as that may make it uneasy for you to breathe and could be a bit uncomfortable.
Bed sheets and pillow cover
An appealing bed sheet and set of pillow covers make your bed look pretty. Sleeping on a store bought a mattress or a pillow is not at all hygienic. You need to have them covered. Remember to clean those covers regularly every 7-14 days. The sheets cover the bedding supplies from any spillage and dirt or dust.
These may not be an essential, but they do serve an important purpose. Bedcovers cover the bed sheet and the pillows and protect your bedding from any dust and germs. Generally, you don’t sleep on your bed until it’s night, so bed covers are a perfect way to cover your bed and keep it protected from accumulating unwanted dust.
These items are important as just owning a bed is not enough but the right bedding supplies will ensure that you have a comfortable and sound sleep.
Bedding supplies are an indispensable part of everyone’s lives. Mattresses and bedspread quilts should be picked from popular brands to avoid any issue of the material. One should also know how to take care of the bedding supplies such as the bedspreads, quilts, comforters, etc.
Given below are some of the important things on how to care for and maintain bedding supplies:
- Vacuuming the mattress is something that must be done to avoid the accumulation of dirt and dust. It is also very useful in eliminating dust mites. Vacuuming also helps maintain the general consistency of the mattress and its original quality, this helps to increase the longevity of the product.
- You should use a stain remover or cleaner to remove any spots or stains on the mattress. Stains and spots can be caused due to eating in bed. Also, homes with pets are more susceptible to stains on mattresses.
- The use of a disinfecting spray to remove any smells and odors from the mattress would also help to kill bacteria that might be present. Do make sure that the spray being used is safe to use on fabric as it may adversely affect the fabric of the mattress. Baking soda can also be sprinkled or used on the mattress to remove odors.
- When it comes to bedspread quilts, the procedure for their maintenance is hassle-free. All that needs to be done is wash the bedspread quilt regularly or if it is too large then send it to the laundry. In case of stains of any kind, soak the bedspread quilt in soapy water and the stain should be gone with a simple wash. Try to keep alternating between quilts from time to time in order to avoid using the same one too much as it may wear out.
Bedding supplies are really easy to maintain once you know how. Say goodbye to troubles and issues related to bedding supplies forever with these hacks!
A clean home ensures a healthy family. There are several areas of the house that might get missed as there isn’t enough time to clean them on a daily basis. One such corner is the window blinds. It’s quite easy to forget about them, but they are highly prone to dust accumulation and also to fading due to the constant exposure to the sun. Cleaning them once in a while ensures that the material is treated and restored to endure the wear and tear again.
To help you out here are some tips for cleaning the window blinds.
- Dry cleaning: Dust and water together will be a disaster for your blinds, when you want to clean them in one place. Using water isn’t an option as it may create a lot of mess, spoiling your blinds. Use a duster or a microfiber cloth to dry clean the window blinds.
- Water cleaning: For smaller window blinds, it may be better to remove them and clean them in the washer. Soak them in a tub with detergent to remove stains and deep-rooted dust. Regular washing would keep them as good as new.
- Material-based cleaning: Based on the material of your blinds, i.e., cloth, wooden, faux or plastic, decide on using either one of dry or water cleaning methods. For faux and plastic blinds, you can use a wet cloth to wipe away all the dirt and let it air dry. You can even dismantle and soak them in tubs for better cleaning.
- Protect the window blinds: Try to dust the blinds as often and use cleaning materials that don’t damage them. Daily opening and closing of blinds can also be a good way to keep the dust away.
Window blinds add to the personality of your home, and it becomes fairly important not to ignore them. Keep your home dust free and your loved ones healthy.
Window blinds are an essential part of furnishings for any home. They add a different feel and dimension to a house that makes it cozier. Having said that, it isn’t necessary to have them, but surely they are a great interior accessory. Window blinds come in varied styles and colors, making it a fashionable addition to your home. With the variety of material being available in the market such as faux, plastic, wooden and cloth to name a few, you can easily choose the best blinds that would suit your demands.
How are window blinds beneficial?
- They add to the theme of your home, making the interiors lively. The blinds give a dimension to your home. Window blinds can be of contrasting colors to the walls or in a darker or lighter shade of the wall to lend an aesthetic look.
- Window blinds ensure privacy and safety for your home, so you can comfortably move around your personal space.
- Window blinds can offer a personality to your home, making it an essential part of any interior design. Based on the material and color, it can be a fashion statement you make, creating an inviting vibe for the guests.
- Blinds are mainly used to control the amount of sunlight coming into the house. Natural light is always required and recommended, and window blinds can make sure you let in adequate light inside your home as per your preferences.
- You can pull in blinds when you open the window as a protection against dust entering from outside. These are the times when you need some fresh air circulating in the house, but not be blinded by all the sunlight.
With plenty of advantages, window blinds might prove to be a crucial part of any household.
Sleep is an essential part of any human’s life. Certain research studies suggest that sleep can not just affect a person’s health, but also her/his productivity. Hence, you should not only implement great sleeping habits but also ensure using high-quality products to maximize your comfort. Unquestionably a mattress is one of the key aspects of getting a good sleep. Although several brands are offering you with beds, you can consider Tempur-Pedic mattresses.
These mattresses incorporate the latest technology, which aims to provide an exceptional sleeping experience. The material used in the Tempur-pedic mattress was first developed by NASA to protect astronauts from high-impact landings. It eventually became an effective solution in commercial markets. To help you understand your options better, here are some of the main advantages of the Tempur-Pedic mattress.
- The material in this mattress responds to your body weight, temperature, and shape, adapting to your body precisely to support and comfort you for a good night sleep.
- It can minimize the pressure points, in turn, soothe your body to have a sound and uninterrupted snooze. This especially beneficial for sleepers having back or neck problems.
- The Tempur-Pedic mattress is also said to reduce motion transfer caused by your partner’s movements, thereby ensuring your sleep is not disturbed.
- Based on the preferences of the customer, Tempur-Pedic mattresses are available in different ranges from soft to firm- medium soft, medium firm to extra soft or extra firm. So depending on your personal preferences and health requirements, if any, you can opt the best option. Also, remember to plan your budget so that you can narrow down mattress variants smartly.
There are Tempur-Pedic mattresses sales across websites, which can help you buy the best one at fantastic prices. You can also find their used variants, just ensure that you assess them thoroughly before making a purchase.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses with their new sleep technology are increasingly gaining popularity in the mattress market. With adaptable and comfort features, they can assist you to get a sound sleep. Having said that, a Tempur-Pedic mattress may not be suitable for all.
If this is the case with you, then there isn’t any need to worry. Many websites are available at your service to trade your Tempur-Pedic mattress. Although you may not be able to get back all the money invested, a part of it can be recovered by selling your unused mattress.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses sale can be a tedious effort as it would be considered a used product. So mentioning correct product descriptions, keeping the condition of the mattress good and pricing it right is essential. The various websites you can look to sell Tempur-Pedic mattresses are –
- Ebay.com: The interface of this site is quite user-friendly, and it is one of the most preferred sites to market used items.
- Local Craigslist: You can use this website to reach out to prospective buyers near you.
- Reddit.com: There are good chances of a sale on this site as many people use it to access secondhand or refurbished products.
- Used.forsale: Specially designed for used products, this site can land you some great deals. Also, since it only handles pre-owned products, there is no room for confusion.
A few things to do to ensure a successful sale of your Tempur-Pedic mattress:
- Give detailed and accurate product descriptions along with photos to make the pitch authentic.
- Research on the pricing to figure what might be the best price to start off with.
- Keep your contact details clear so that the buyers can contact you for additional information.
- Lastly be patient, it will find a buyer in time as the demand for Tempur-pedic mattresses is high.
Sofas are an integral part of any living room. This is a common place where people bond with their families and pets. However, frequent usage of the sofa translates to the periodical cleaning of the couch and its covers. Sanitizing the sofa covers can get incredibly monotonous, but you must ensure hygiene so safeguard the health of your family.
Although, there are some points that you need to bear in mind before you actually begin the cleaning the sofa covers.
- Material: Being aware of the type of material helps to decide on the procedure and also the product you need to use to clean your sofa covers. This will also ensure, you don’t end up staining or causing any damage to the cover during the cleaning process.
- Discard the worn out and the old: If your dog has chewed on the cover or there is a permanent stain, it is advised to throw it away. Keeping these will only make your sofa look shabby.
- Read the tags: Some sofa covers will have specific instructions on how to wash them. Remember to read them to retain the quality of the sofa covers.
How to clean the sofa covers?
You can use the following methods to clean the sofa covers and improve the look of your living room.
- Toss it into the washer: Many sofa covers with ‘W’ sign on them can be washed with water. The easiest way would be to put it in the washer by using the appropriate amount and type of detergent.
- Baking soda or stain remover: If there are just some blemishes you need to remove, you use a simple stain removal treatment or baking soda. The effectiveness of these remedies depends on the severity of the stain.
- Dry cleaners: If your sofa covers are made of an expensive fabric, it’s only smart to get them dry cleaned as you wouldn’t know what chemicals would be suitable to use on them.
Are you looking for sofa covers for your new sofa or an existing one? But finding the right one can be a huge task due to the number of varieties available. But sofa covers are essential, as they protect your sofa and increase their durability, allowing you to save big bucks in the long run. So to help you in this shopping dilemma, here are some valuable tips which will help you pick the best sofa covers.
- Keep the theme of your home in mind: You surely wouldn’t want the sofa to look unpleasantly distinctive from the other living room furniture. So smartly select colors that will complement your interior’s theme. This would also help you in avoiding colors that would be a contrast to the tone of your walls.
- Measure the furniture: This is an essential step, as of course, you don’t want to end up spending money on sofa covers that might be ill-fitting for your furniture. Have a fair idea about the sofa cover size, so that you don’t waste time with the wrong choices.
- Fabric: Depending on the location of your home (living room or patio) and your family (small children, pets, etc.) decide what kind of fabric do you want to use.
- Type: Do you want a slipcover or a Velcro one. Based on your furniture and preferences make a decision that helps you take off sofa covers quickly when required.
- Budget: By planning a budget in mind can help you find some quality covers at reasonable prices. To ensure this keep an eye out for seasonal sales and discount coupons. You can also discover some lucrative deals on online shopping sites.
The best sofa covers are the ones that not only fit your requirements but are long-lasting too. Lookout for the instruction tags and labels. This would help you determine whether cleaning your sofa covers would become a tiresome and expensive chore in the future. Don’t shop on an impulse, as you need the covers to be sustainable yet trendy.