A high fiber diet is very much essential for good health. Fresh fruits are a direct source of various essential nutrients, and since they are one of the best high fiber foods, they can be considered as one of the best sources of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates. Fiber rich fruits are responsible for managing weight, lowering cholesterol, proper work digestive system, reducing the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart diseases. There are lots of fiber rich fruits and below are some of them:
• Passion fruit is one of the nutritious fruits with a great source of fiber, minerals, vitamins, flavonoids, and antioxidants. It contains the highest amount of fiber and polyphenols than other tropical fruits. Per 100 grams of passion fruit contains 10.4 grams of fiber.
• Avocado is another popular nutritious fruit with many health benefits. It is rich in fiber, protein, healthy fats, minerals, and various vitamins. Per 100 gram of avocado contains 6.7 gram of fiber.
• Guava, a fiber rich and low-calorie fruit with numerous health benefits. Along with fiber, it is a good source of vitamin C and other essential nutrients. The fiber content of guava is 5.4 gram per 100 grams.
• Pomegranate is a fiber rich fruit with powerful antioxidants and other nutrients. It is beneficial for overall health including brain, skin, and hair. Per 100 grams of pomegranate seeds contains 4 grams of fiber.
• Delicious pears are rich in fiber and have good nutritional value. Per 100 grams or a small pear supplies 3.1 gram of fiber, 57 calories, 15.23 gram of carbohydrates, 84% water and a negligible amount of protein and fat. By adding this to our diet, we can maintain weight and cholesterol level.
• Berries like raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries are delicious, nutritious and high fiber fruit. Among them, raspberry contains the highest amount of fiber. Antioxidant properties of the berries prevent aging and other major diseases.
• Fruits like banana, apple, and orange are widely popular fruits with a good amount of fiber and other health promoting nutrients.
Fruits are an instant way of boosting fiber content. Fresh fruits have more nutritional value and can be added to the daily diet in other forms such as juice a smoothie. Maintaining a high fiber diet with these fruits provide us enormous health benefits. Hence it is important to make a regular eating habit of these fiber rich fruits.