The Uber application is a platform linking driver–partners and users through their smartphone applications. Since its inception in 2009, it has grown to around 75 million users globally, spread across 600 cities in 78 countries. All the users need to do is to install the Uber application, register, and look for a cab type that suits their preference.
The Uber application also offers various types of economic choices, premium cars, wheelchair accessible cars, and also offers a carpool option. The added advantage of paying by cash and through various wallet and cards, Uber has been one of the most successful and subscribed applications till date.
Some of the major reasons for the success of the Uber application are as follows:
- You can directly book a cap with the tap of a button and would not need to call or talk to an IVR
- Registration and setting up the app is easy and quick
- The Uber application is convenient to use and non-fussy
- You can pay for services using cash as well as online payment options
- No tips required
- Choice of cabs available both in the economy and premium variants
- There are feedback options available for the ride and the driver
- Uber is considered to be cheaper than most cab services
After their success, Uber, on April 10, 2018, launched an application exclusively for drivers. With this application, Uber has made it easy for drivers to find out busy and high incentive areas.
If the driver is stationed in an area that is slow for business, the app directs him to an area which is busier. The application also notifies the driver about the area left to cover. Another salient feature is the offline feature in case the drivers are working in an area with poor network coverage. If the driver is held up in a traffic hold up, the user can be notified with the introduction of a new notification feature called “stuck in traffic.”
Uber is working on the concerns received from their driver–partners. One of the high priority concerns seems to be the fact that several drivers station themselves in busy areas, thereby resulting in non-availability of cars in the not-so-busy areas.
Uber is considered to be one of the best in the industry. You can now book a cab and travel comfortably to your destination and all this is now just a few clicks away!